first week down under

pegibson

Hi all..

We landed in Adelaide last Saturday, finally after 2 and half years of visa applications, and trying to sell the house.. All done and we made it..

Landed Saturday morning at 6am, friend picked us up at the airport then took us back into his house where we are staying temp, showered had a cup of tea, as you do..

No time to waste, so went out to look at a car I had my eye on from the UK.

By early afternoon I had bought it, 2004 Renault Clio 1.4, 155k kms on the clock, full Renault dealer service history up to date.. All this for $3999.. Bargain.

Monday came so thought now I need to job hunt, so went out early cold calling to hand out my résumé.

Tuesday started the same, but must have impressed someone because they wanted me back the next day for interview...

By Thursday I had a job offer in place, so promptly accepted it.... Start next Tuesday after the bank holiday Monday.. :biggrin:

Now just need to find a rental..

Guest Guest16631

........brilliant.........your where your meant to be...!

.........the best of luck with the next part of your journey...........tink x

Congrats that's a great first week for productivity.

Now don't forget to enjoy the weekend and Australia Day, now you have the job sorted (which is the biggest deal)

Great to hear you have managed to secure work so quickly.

Out of interest, what job do you do? It is always good to know the 'in demand' jobs.

Hi,

I am a metal fabricator by trade, position I just got was senior sheet metal worker..

Makes me feel old with the senior bit..:biggrin:

Hi,

I am a metal fabricator by trade, position I just got was senior sheet metal worker..

Makes me feel old with the senior bit..:biggrin:

Thanks for the update. I have a friend in Adelaide who is a sheet metal worker and he always seems to have plenty of work and there are always jobs advertised in the paper. Being in demand is a good position to be in. Good luck with life in Adelaide.

Archived