Marital status on application

gtaylor30

Hi there,

I'm just waiting for my skills assessment to come through before applying for a 189 visa. It'll be just me. I am however still technically married to my ex wife, who will very definitely not ever be included in my application. Since I have no divorce decree or legal separation certificate, what do I need to put on the EOI?

separated....I think there is an option for this

There is, but I'm concerned that as the guidance states providing separation certificates etc., which are only awarded if you are formally legally separated, and I haven't gone this route, that all the information has to match. So, should I put separated or married basically?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
You don't get one, you write one, which explains the situation -including the fact that you cannot divorce in your country.

Ok. But do i need to change my relationship status in my visa application from married to separated? Because when i submitted my EOI i stated that I am married but actually separated but not legally. So when I lodge my visa i need to change it right?

Ok. But do i need to change my relationship status in my visa application from married to separated? Because when i submitted my EOI i stated that I am married but actually separated but not legally. So when I lodge my visa i need to change it right?

Hope someone can help me on my queries. Cos I am really worried.

• 1 month later...

Hi, does anyone have info or advice about how to get the statutory declaration?

I am still legally married to my ex but currently in a de facto relationship. I have been invited but not yet submitted the visa.... I can easily prove the de facto relationship but not sure what is needed to prove the separation.

I am still legally married to my ex but currently in a de facto relationship. I have been invited but not yet submitted the visa.... I can easily prove the de facto relationship but not sure what is needed to prove the separation.

As posted above, you don't get a statutory declaration. You write a statutory declaration.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Baron Li

https://www.ag.gov.au/Publications/Documents/CommonwealthStatutorydeclarationform.pdf

just the file

same situation!

Archived