do you have to pay for visas with a credit card?

manchester lass

Hi

We are starting the ball rolling with applying this year eek!!!! just checking if we have to pay for our visas ect with a credit card ? we only have one and that has very little credit on and balance as we are working hard to clear debts so if we need to pay for everything by credit card i will search for a 0 % interest one

thanks

from a very giddy Di :smile:

x

No you don`t. Three days ago I paid with a VISA ELECTRON ( debit ) card. When you enter the payment options, you have a choice credit/debit card. Just make sure that the bank increases your daily limit for one transaction, I had to go to the bank and sign the request for lifting the daily limit only for that transaction. Good luck.

Yes or a debit card. If you have a normal visa debit then you can use that. As an alternative you may be able to pay money onto your credit card so that it is in credit to the amount. But do check with your credit card company to ensure this would be ok as some allow and some don't. Also check the maximum transaction amounts as some accounts have limits.

Once you are here I would recommend getting one for emergencies. If we hadn't had one we would have had major issues with emergencies when we had to get back to the UK in an emergency.

I second that and they are also good when you buy certain goods and the company goes bust before delivery. It has happened twice for me and I would have lost thousands as it was furniture on one occasion and curtains another. Both were major retailers.

It is also useful for internet purchases. Apart from an emergency my rule is never buy anything with it unless I have the funds in place to pay it off. Credit cards can be great if you use wisely and don't pay interest. Make the banks work for you, stop working for the banks.

Oh, and using a credit card maintains your credit rating.

Hi

Other option is use an Agent. As agents can accept all types of payment - cash, card, direct deposit, cheque - you can pay the Agent and they then lodge with their credit card after receiving your payment.

Of course you will have their fees too included in that.

Hope that helps,

Bonnie

Archived