Is Australia getting a belated GFC

simmo

Like the UK we no longer actually make stuff anymore - for instance Richmond, Flinders Lane area etc used to a hive of industry re garment making, loads of factory outlets where you could buy direct- woollen goods, cotton stuff, blankets- you name it. That all went pear shape in the 1980s. Very sad because all those jobs went, too . Now you have the car industry disappearing from Geelong. We are all paid too much and can't compete with cheap labour in Asia but our prices are very high for food and housing so what can you do ? Clearly in the next 50 years - or maybe earlier- we will be in big trouble unless we reinvent ourselves and stop selling off all our arable land to overseas developers. We have even let half our private health go across to bloody BUPA- what's that all about? And Specsavers, another one killing the market- A BRITISH Company! Ahh that feels good , a good old whinge

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I often think that too.. I don't understand why people who don't live in Aus and have no intention of living in Aus and offer absolutely no help to anyone looking to move to Aus scan the internet looking for negative news reports to post then try gloss it over by acting like they care about the outcome of Aus or the people living here when anyone with a brain can see that they would glow should Australia hit some hardship.. Sad B*stards Pablo!! If I had a full time job and a relationship and family and living in a country that I was settled in and apparently happy I would be living my life rather than spending every free minute on here posting the same repetitive drivel which usually entails trying to convince everyone on here that their country/city/town is the dogs b0llocks and Australia is a sh!tty hellhole! I would be interested in the outcome of a psychological assessment on these types of people...

Good post Dave, well said.

Keep saying it day and night a hundred times and one day your mantra will come true....

6 years and counting in my PIO experience.

Like a broken clock, they will be right at some point, then I'm sure they'll be back in a hurry to tell you how great they are.

With oil, gas , most mining in production phase and building trade picking up across country because of good house sales ,IMO we got a good 10 years ahead of us atleast, so still a while before the dooms brigade can rub there hands together and say told you so.

Archived