Removals Advice

sebmoran

Guest The Pom Queen

Companies like PSS and Masons have a good reputation on here

check if companies have the following

B.A.R Overseas (Bonded by the British Association of Removals)

I.M.M.I (Payment Guarantee)

F.I.D.I Global Alliance (Worldwide Moving Association)

F.A.I.M Accredited (Removal Quality Assurance Standard)

• 1 month later...

I moved here when I was 13 and from what I remember we used Britannia- very good service however they did pack my chemistry homework! For the things we didn't want to take with us we put them all in one wardrobe with a note saying not to pack, the same with kitchen cupboards. In terms of when to get quotes think about how long it will take to ship, how soon you want to be in Aus and how long you are going to budget to find accommodation. Also, I would say make sure you get a decent quote by taking the quote-man round and telling them what you want to pack so that they're not just generalising.

im thinking about 2 move cubes rather than a container, prices is just under 2k for 2 large move cubes, and then maybe just under 1k for customs, so seems to be cheaper than container prices

Im thinking one with beds and white goods, and one for boxes.

Can anyone please advise on removal companies?

Is there any accreditations that they should have?

Hi Sebmoran,

Your best bet is to visit the British association of Remover website (www.bar.co.uk) where you can search for local accredited removal companies in your area and contact them to arrange for their move consultant to visit you to discuss your requirements (this is free of charge)

My advise is not to pick on price and go with your gut feeling as to which company you feel the most comfortable with.

All the best with your move

I moved here when I was 13 and from what I remember we used Britannia- very good service however they did pack my chemistry homework! For the things we didn't want to take with us we put them all in one wardrobe with a note saying not to pack, the same with kitchen cupboards. In terms of when to get quotes think about how long it will take to ship, how soon you want to be in Aus and how long you are going to budget to find accommodation. Also, I would say make sure you get a decent quote by taking the quote-man round and telling them what you want to pack so that they're not just generalising.

Yes we too are using Brittania as they are local to us and were recommended by a friend!!

Bal.

Archived