What were your dogs like when released from quarantine?

Shona7

Hi there,

You may all think I'm mad but just thought I'd throw it out there anyway. We arrived in Perth last month and our 2 Chihuahua's have been in quarantine in Sydney. They are due out in only 2 sleeps and cannot wait to see them when they are flown over. My husband was talking to a work colleague today who said he left his dog behind in the UK as he heard that those who had gone over had changed in their personalities/temperament when released. I just wondered if anyone had any experience of what their dogs were like once they came home after being separated for 30 days?

Thanks all x

Our dog and 2 cats arrived in Melbourne from Sydney quarantine after 2 months apart. They were so happy to see us. They have settled in after a few days the first time we had to leave them in the house the dog cried but is ok now. It's 41° here today and they are all asleep under the bed. The heat is the hardest part for them I think. But so glad we decided to being them. Even if the laws are just changing. Grumble!! Enjoy your babies xx

• 2 weeks later...

Our 2 jack Russell's went crazy! Happy crazy when we let them out the crate...it was great :). One was a little thinner,the other a little fatter lol think she stole the other ones food.....3 weeks later the younger one (2years old ) died :( we don't know why

We brought our nearly 14 year old dog over and other than weight loss you wouldn't know wed been apart from her! She's so happy here! I think the good weather must be good for her old bone! Xxx

This was a nice post to see. Our boy was a rescue dog and we got him when he was around 6 months old. He's now 14, in great health and such a cool dude. We would love to bring him with us next year, and it's nice to know that older dogs have made the trip too. We are very realistic about the prospects though given he'll be another 18mths older by the time we fly out.

Archived