Feeling the Pressure and I do not live in UK

Petals

Perhaps you could stretch not asking about posting styles to not commenting on them either.

I didn't. Perhaps if you read again you will find that I didn't bring this up, another poster suggested that I did.

This is the first and last time I will go into personal matters.

My youngest Grandson is 11. He was born with cataracts on both eyes. One has been removed; one cannot be. The end result will be the same.

That boy writes in the same way as Tink. I am very proud of him.

To score points on an issue like this (when we all know it is really about general disagreement in posting view) is just disgusting.

But by God you've got my attention now!

If you want to keep up with this petty point scoring (on something like this??! Unbelievable!), then I will be standing by to respond.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't. Perhaps if you read again you will find that I didn't bring this up, another poster suggested that I did.

My youngest Grandson is 11. He was born with cataracts on both eyes. One has been removed; one cannot be. The end result will be the same.

To score points on an issue like this (when we all know it is really about general disagreement in posting view) is just disgusting.

If you want to keep up with this petty point scoring (on something like this??! Unbelievable!), then I will be standing by to respond.

Lets all play nice ladies,its been explained,its over,im sure Tink doesn't want this to carry on,knowing Tink,be nice just like me and simmo lol

I think you are being disingenuous given the style of your post was what attracted attention but Pablo is right that Tink wouldn't appreciate further conversation on the topic so I'll leave it here.

Lets all play nice ladies,its been explained,its over,im sure Tink doesn't want this to carry on,knowing Tink,be nice just like me and simmo lol

That really grinds on my bits. (And don't include me in this ongoing crap. I have had to defend myself over such a sensitive issue because of something that has nothing to do with the topic or Tink. He HAS been used in that process).

Guest Guest16631

.......there's an example...!

.......lol........but keep on with the thread.......it was interesting........!

........just seen Peccavi's post......!

...........get over it....!

............I have to........

.............we all have things that others don't like.......so.....?

..............I've said people have mentioned it for a kindness to me......

.................that's life......look out for your friends.....

..................your choice to keep going ........accept the action and move on......

...................and I'm a she......

That really grinds on my bits. (And don't include me in this ongoing crap. I have had to defend myself over such a sensitive issue because of something that has nothing to do with the topic or Tink. He HAS been used in that process).

Justv saying it would be best put to bed,as Tink is the one its about and im sure it makes her feel uncomfortable that people are arguing about it,no harm meant P,if there was i'd say

I think you are being disingenuous given the style of your post was what attracted attention but Pablo is right that Tink wouldn't appreciate further conversation on the topic so I'll leave it here.

Haven't you got it? 'The style of my post'?-WHO exactly is fixated with this 'style' thing??

How nice to show wisdom and concern for Tink that 'this is over'-when YOU sought to continue it, and still have to have another dig!

Are we finished YET?

..................your choice to keep going ........accept the action and move on......

"Look out for your friends" I've made some good ones on here and on the PIA forum, I no longer see this site as a forum call me sad but in some threads and posts I see it as an extension to my circle of friends and I have to have a daily catch up with my "mates".

Yes. My apologies. You are a she.

I will get over it when I stop being criticised for something I actually did not do!! Something that is anathema to me.

It is 'my choice' to defend myself.

I will continue to do that if it is necessary.

And it should not have been necessary.

Guest The Pom Queen
........:hug:........freckle.........

........you've made my eyes water you lot......

........sniff...........must be he dust.................:hug:tink x

Lol if anyone picks on our Tink they have us to answer to.

You my dear can post in a huge bright pink capital letter font if you like, if people don't like it then they can move on.

Guest The Pom Queen

Ok I've just deleted 10 posts (I think 5 were mine) can we please get back to the original post or does the thread need closing now. Anymore and infractions will be given. Now let's try again

And have you people thought that.....ok they may come across,get better jobs,education and then move to Oz?:laugh:They could all just be passing through the UK for greener/browner pastures!

If they manage to get a decent enough education and experience to meet the acceptance criteria for a visa they would be welcomed to Aus with open arms.

Just a quick point. Debenhams is doing badly. John Lewis is doing well. Is this because of the workers or the management? Are john lewis workers better than debenhams?

Or is it because John Lewis is getting their stuff made cheap in some Bangladeshi sweatshop while Debenhams is trying to support local manufacture?

In your opinion is too much emphasis place on getting kids into university? Wouldn't a lot more children be more suited to vocational training. I know quite a few dimwits with degrees and not much of a clue about how to get on in life.

A lot more would be suited to vocational training but at the end of it there has to be a vocation that's offering a job. Would be great if there were apprenticeships around too but they are few and far between. As long as kids can see a way of getting on, being useful, having a way forward and a decent job that they might enjoy I think even some of the worst ruffians with rough parents might make a go of it. A lot of my friends and me left school and went straight to the National Coal Board. My Dad and my Uncle worked for them too, down the pit. I was lucky enough to get an apprenticeship but a lot just went and did the training for the face, it was better money, quicker. A lot of these kids were as rough as guts, parents the same. Welfare at the weekend. Skegness miners camp for their holidays. But they had something to aim for, a job to go to, get a bit of money in their pockets, pub at night with a few mates and they were happy.

I think it's the lack of opportunities for everyone now. Doesn't matter if you have a degree, lots of people have gone to uni as there is no other option, no apprenticeships, not much labouring about even, I have a nephew who's 22, been on every government course he could, no job at the end of any of them, eventually he's got a grant and gone on some acting course in London. He's a slob now, didn't even buy his Mum a Christmas card or present. When he left school he was OK but the day to day grind of not having anything to aim for has worn him down. I suppose in a way he's always been a bit lazy and expected things to fall in his lap. We were in the UK in August and September and he was at home living off his Mum and anyone else who would buy him a pint. I reckon he could have got a job if he'd tried hard enough. His mates were a bit the same too, just hung around all day, got out of bed as late as possible, nothing to look forward to. Don't know what the answer is really. Just feel even more lucky that we came here when we did, don't know any of my sons friends who are out of work, least there still seems to be apprenticeships and plenty of work around. Just lucky I guess that WA in particular is one big lump of Earth full of minerals that everyone seems to want. If it wasn't for that WA would be in exactly the same place as the UK.

A lot more would be suited to vocational training but at the end of it there has to be a vocation that's offering a job. Would be great if there were apprenticeships around too but they are few and far between. As long as kids can see a way of getting on, being useful, having a way forward and a decent job that they might enjoy I think even some of the worst ruffians with rough parents might make a go of it. A lot of my friends and me left school and went straight to the National Coal Board. My Dad and my Uncle worked for them too, down the pit. I was lucky enough to get an apprenticeship but a lot just went and did the training for the face, it was better money, quicker. A lot of these kids were as rough as guts, parents the same. Welfare at the weekend. Skegness miners camp for their holidays. But they had something to aim for, a job to go to, get a bit of money in their pockets, pub at night with a few mates and they were happy.

I think it's the lack of opportunities for everyone now. Doesn't matter if you have a degree, lots of people have gone to uni as there is no other option, no apprenticeships, not much labouring about even, I have a nephew who's 22, been on every government course he could, no job at the end of any of them, eventually he's got a grant and gone on some acting course in London. He's a slob now, didn't even buy his Mum a Christmas card or present. When he left school he was OK but the day to day grind of not having anything to aim for has worn him down. I suppose in a way he's always been a bit lazy and expected things to fall in his lap. We were in the UK in August and September and he was at home living off his Mum and anyone else who would buy him a pint. I reckon he could have got a job if he'd tried hard enough. His mates were a bit the same too, just hung around all day, got out of bed as late as possible, nothing to look forward to. Don't know what the answer is really. Just feel even more lucky that we came here when we did, don't know any of my sons friends who are out of work, least there still seems to be apprenticeships and plenty of work around. Just lucky I guess that WA in particular is one big lump of Earth full of minerals that everyone seems to want. If it wasn't for that WA would be in exactly the same place as the UK.

Although only some 12% as I understand are somehow engaged with mining. For the moment skilled labourers are doing well but I do not detect great strides in other areas. Short term contracts seemingly becoming more of the norm.

Or is it because John Lewis is getting their stuff made cheap in some Bangladeshi sweatshop while Debenhams is trying to support local manufacture?

Do you have proof of this? John Lewis is generally top quality, and I would be surprised if it was the case.

If they manage to get a decent enough education and experience to meet the acceptance criteria for a visa they would be welcomed to Aus with open arms.

Less so when the squeeze takes affect. Importing folk in order to grow the economy, many with debatable skills or in direct completion with locals will hardly be welcomed by large segments of the population and for good reason.

Less so when the squeeze takes affect. Importing folk in order to grow the economy, many with debatable skills or in direct completion with locals will hardly be welcomed by large segments of the population and for good reason.

That's why the acceptance criteria is reviewed and adjusted all the time. I know the list of desirable occupations at the embassy used to change monthly when we were applying. The process was very thorough and people with debatable skills and/or qualifications were weeded out pretty quickly.

That's why the acceptance criteria is reviewed and adjusted all the time. I know the list of desirable occupations at the embassy used to change monthly when we were applying. The process was very thorough and people with debatable skills and/or qualifications were weeded out pretty quickly.

Easy enough to get around though on a 457 with a complying employer.

Archived