NSW State Sponsored Quota Reached

TeeTMI

NSW is pleased to announce that program targets for the Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) have been met for the 2013/14 financial year.

Effective 24 December 2013, applications for NSW nomination for the subclass 190 visa will close. Applications received after this date will not be processed or returned. NSW will reopen for the subclass 190 visa nomination in July 2014. Information regarding 2014/15 applications will be posted on this website in July 2014.

http://www.business.nsw.gov.au/live-and-work-in-nsw/visa-and-migration/skilled-sponsored-migration

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest spreadingwings

If it's now their only option, I can see this pushing some people to apply for sponsorship from other states and moving to NSW anyway.

Nothing new.

In last year 2012/2013 the same occured.

NSW declaed this SS programme in October 2012 and set 6s for each part of IELTS. On 11 April 2013 the quota completed.

In 2013 they started on 1 July, therefore, about 6 months were necessary to exhaust the quota like in the last year.

Using up the GSM nomination quota for the year to 30th of June on the 11th of April is significantly different to doing so before Xmas.

Someone's head should roll for this!

It's pleasing for immigration people but really in unpleasing for us who are going to apply just a month after the nomination closes.

My visa is expiring on 15 May 2014 and the nomination will reopen on July 2014. I don't know what should I do now it's really stressful condition for me know. I think they should reopen and let the people apply for it.

just can't get it, some occupations ceiling not even at 20% and they announce closed !!!, what a waste of time and money

so what will happen to those who are waiting for EOI to be evaluated ?

why they did not send correspondence to tell them what to do or not to do, or to seek other opportunities !!

what will happen to the back log for the next 6 months

i'm really frustrated after all this time and efforts :(

Hi Guys,

I am little bit confused with the wordings. It says "NSW is pleased to announce that program targets for the Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) have been met for the 2013/14 financial year." but then it also says that " Applications received before 24 December 2013 will be processed as normal.".

Does this mean that the application lodge before 24 December, not assigned to case officer will also be on hold until they re-open state sponsorship in July 2014.

I have lodged my application on 15th November, 2013 and my file is yet to be assigned to a case officer. Since they say that they have met the target for 2013/2014 will my application be on hold until July 2014 ?

Oh no :(

We have just completed IELTS (waiting for results) and we were planning to apply for NSW SS in the next couple of months as that is where we want to live. Guess we may now apply for a 189 instead...but given processing times will have to see which is worth going for. We are waiting for the IELTS results to come out on 2 Jan as this will dictate what we do based on whether we get 7s or 8s. (and whether SS is needed for the extra points)..hugely frustrating!!! Thanks for posting this info, wouldn't have spotted this otherwise. Have notified our agent too...

Oh no :(

We have just completed IELTS (waiting for results) and we were planning to apply for NSW SS in the next couple of months as that is where we want to live. Guess we may now apply for a 189 instead...but given processing times will have to see which is worth going for. We are waiting for the IELTS results to come out on 2 Jan as this will dictate what we do based on whether we get 7s or 8s. (and whether SS is needed for the extra points)..hugely frustrating!!! Thanks for posting this info, wouldn't have spotted this otherwise. Have notified our agent too...

We are seeing subclass 189 EoIs moving to visa invitations with 60 points, so maybe all is not lost for you.

Hope the IELTS outcome is as you would like, and best wishes for 2014.

Thanks Alan!! It's just typical really....we decide where we'd like to be and then it closes early!! Hopefully we will get 8s and above and can just go for a 189. If we can we will be applying asap way before 1 July 2014 just in case there's any further changes to the SOL 2014/2015 re. Accountant General...it is still a flagged occupation and it being removed altogether doesn't bear thinking about....Happy New Year to you!

The news was definitely exhilarating for them and perhaps stunner for all applicant. I completely agree with you Lizzy and as I am in the same boats as yours, I just came across this flagged occupation thing today by a member over the forum which makes day even worse. I have got the IELTS but again short of 5 points so I was considering myself a State sponsorship option which will not only give me an additional five points but was also the only state who kept no work experience requirement as I don't have one.

Since past hours I am thinking the same thing. Shall I do the skill assessment or not? Shall I go for 189 for which I need to re-sit IELTS or shall I wait till July. Waiting is highly risky but a more convenient option. 189 takes forever, especially for those who belong from the high-risk country (a punishment without a fault).

My case is slightly more trickier. I am part-qualified CIMA with a graduation and post graduation from UK. I am not even sure if I will the positive assessment right away or I might to give certain fundamental level exam from CPA which is a definite extra time and money. I am more than happy to do and go through all that but all the work out will be at stake and the worst part is I know it's at stake beforehand.

This is a massive hit to my plans..

I'm in the processes of being assessed by ACS against a ANZSCO that was on the NSW CSOL list (System Administrator) - unfortunately this occupation isn't on the SOL.

I'm at stage 4 with ACS and although I've just emailed them I dont think I will be able to change which ANZSCO I am being assessed against :(

Does anyone know if I can lodge a second ACS assessment at the same time against a different ANZSCO? Would they take in to consideration my first application? e.g. if I tailored my CV to match the new ANZSCO I would like to be assessed against?

When the NSW SS re-opens in July is there a good chance the CSOL list will be updated? potentially resulting in my original ANZSCO being removed?

I'm really gutted at this news.. it gets a whole lot harder to deal with when you have a partner.. suddenly I feel like our chances are over as ultimately I'm not going to be able to stay in NSW or maybe even Australia once my WHV expires..

Well the IELTS results out just now have answered our dilemma - we are going for a 189 now instead of 190 NSW SS as we've achieved the additional points for superior english by scoring min 8 in all 4 components. He scored 8.5 for listening; 8.5 for writing; 9 for speaking and 9 for reading. So we don't need the 5 points from NSW SS as we have 65 now. What a relief! Let's hope everything is processed before any further SOL changes in July....CPA skills assessment next!! Small steps at a time....

• 2 weeks later...

Why NSW is pleased is that because the people like us who have just made their paper ready for SS couldn't apply and have to struggle in Australia for another six month for no reason. The people like us will only know how hard it is to pass this time. And if the visa is expiring soon makes it worst. Really unpleased with this decision. God help us.

Why NSW is pleased is that because the people like us who have just made their paper ready for SS couldn't apply and have to struggle in Australia for another six month for no reason. The people like us will only know how hard it is to pass this time. And if the visa is expiring soon makes it worst. Really unpleased with this decision. God help us.

The other cause for concern is that they have specifically said information on next years program will not be published until July 2014, so nobody will be able to plan ahead and nobody knows what's going to happen.

If anyone is relying on a NSW nomination after that date and has an unsecure/expiring visa situation I'd suggest looking at alternative fall-back options.

I got an acknowledgement on 10th december 2013 for my application for nsw 190 nomination n it said

"I refer to your recent application seeking State Nomination under the Skilled-Nominated (subclass 190) Visa received on 10/12/2013. Please note the following important information:We aim to process applications for NSW nomination within 12 weeks. Please note that this is only an estimate as the time frame can fluctuate depending on the volume of applications received. We are currently processing applications lodged on 16 October 2013."

Recently I noticed in the NSW TRADE & MIGRATION site that the

[h=3]Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) – NSW nominations closed for 2013/14[/h]and it says that "Effective 24 December 2013, applications for NSW nomination for the subclass 190 visa will close. Applications received after this date will not be processed or returned"

I want to know whether my application will be processed as usual or do I need to restart the nomination process through skillselect to another state which is still open for 190 nomination. I need to take a decision before march 2014 as my Ielts expires on 5th, but I don't know what to do as i'm not using an agent. Your reply to this would be highly appreciated.

Expat 1,

When you say that your IELTS expire, do you mean the expiration date on your IELTS document or the 3 years from the exam date that DIBP recognizes for IELTS results? I was not aware myself that they are different, so if this is the your case, you might have one more year without knowing it :)

In regrads to the submitted application, you should be fine as you submitted before 24th. I presume that they will even honour the post stamp date for applicants who mailed the application, let's say on 23rd of December as you cannot apply online for NSW.

In regrads to the submitted application, you should be fine as you submitted before 24th. I presume that they will even honour the post stamp date for applicants who mailed the application, let's say on 23rd of December as you cannot apply online for NSW.

I think that's optimistic. Their announcement says "Applications received after this date will not be processed" so I would assume that unless your application has been stamped by DIBP as received on the 24th of December, it will wait until July 2014 regardless of when you mailed it you mailed it before the 24th.

Expat 1,

When you say that your IELTS expire, do you mean the expiration date on your IELTS document or the 3 years from the exam date that DIBP recognizes for IELTS results? I was not aware myself that they are different, so if this is the your case, you might have one more year without knowing it :)

Got this reply from biz enquiry today.should be worried??? " If your application submitted before 24 December 2013, then will be still processing, the estimate processing time will be 12 weeks probably will be take longer process this stage."

Archived