Where is Perth?

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

You might think being the location Australia won the Ashes might have put the WA capital on the map.But it seems a lot of Australians still need a bit of help.

The nation's most googled travel question of 2013 reveals a rather embarrassing lack of geographical knowledge of our own country.

"Where is Perth?" topped the most searched travel question list, coming in well ahead of quests for knowledge of the location of Bali and Timbuktu.

On the other hand, the most-search list of global travel destinations reveals we pretty much all know where Disneyland is, and we'd like to go there.

Dubai featured on both the Where is..? list and the destination search - no coincidence in the year that Qantas began its new flight route to London via the United Arab Emirates city.

For the record, Perth is … on the map below, for your convenience.

[h=3]Australia's most googled places[/h]

Where is…? (Most Searched)

1. Perth

2. Dubai

3. Gallipoli

4. Boston

5. Syria

6. Bali

7. Prague

8. Amsterdam

9. Singapore

10. Timbuktu

Global Destinations (Most Searched)

1. Disneyland

2. Dubai

3. China

4. London

5. Malaysia

6. Koh Samui

7. Phuket

8. Cambodia

9. Antarctica

10. Mecca

Just have to put this up once more...Cook's travel responses;

1. "It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England. It took the Americans only three hours to get home. This seems unfair."

2. "We had to line up outside to catch the boat and there was no air-conditioning."

3. "My fiance and I booked a twin-bedded room but we were placed in a double-bedded room. We now hold you responsible for the fact that I find myself pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked."

4. "It's lazy of the local shopkeepers in Puerto Vallarta to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during 'siesta' time - this should be banned."

5. "No one told us there would be fish in the water. The children were scared."

6. "We booked an excursion to a water park but no one told us we had to bring our own swimsuits and towels. We assumed it would be included in the price."

7. "Although the brochure said that there was a fully-equipped kitchen, there was no egg-slicer in the drawers."

8. "The roads were uneven and bumpy, so we could not read the local guide book during the bus ride to the resort. Because of this, we were unaware of many things that would have made our holiday more fun."

9. "There were too many Spanish people there. The receptionist spoke Spanish, the food was Spanish. No one told us that there would be so many foreigners."

10. "I was bitten by a mosquito. The brochure did not mention mosquitoes."

11. "We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as white but it was more yellow."

Cheers, Bobj.

Chav's haven't quite got the numbers yet to change the spelling and Bogans don't care either way so not quite the case yet.

Actually, Paula is correct, it is short for PERFECT.

Still want to know who andeb is...:wink:

Cheers, Bobj.

Archived