Almost an Aussie!

Guest littlesarah

Guest littlesarah

Well, yesterday my invitation to make my citizenship pledge arrived in the mail - I get to waddle up the steps and complete the final part of acquiring citizenship on Australia Day. Even bought myself a nice new frock for the occasion! I think we'll be having our friends round for a celebratory BBQ - though I have made it clear that I will be in no state to do the cooking! :cute:

Guest littlesarah

Thanks guys. I may well cry, given my hormonally-challenged state at the moment, which also means I'll be limited to one or two glasses of fizz!

Guest littlesarah
Congrats Littlesarah, that is great news, could you tell us when you took your test and when you received your acceptance letter please.??

I/we have been accepted are waiting for our ceremony date, I am sure you know the anxious feeling..!! haha :)

I did the test in the first week of August, but they wanted an additional police check (which wasn't clear during the application process - grr!) so it took a few weeks to get my acceptance letter, which came the 1st week in October.

How long til you get to make the pledge depends on where you live - I don't live in a State capital, so I think they do most of them on Australia Day for those who request it.

Guest littlesarah
when is your baby due ? ...

March. So far so good - I'm a very lucky lady!

Bob, I was meaning happy tears! What's to be sad about - I've waited 4 years to get my blue passport, and I can now say that my husband is now officially no different from me (though he'd say he's a 'proper' Aussie cos he was born here)!! Also, this year we had a horrible time around Australia Day - and at that time I had no idea things would so much better within a year.

Archived