Is Brisbane Boring?

simmo

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When we arrived in1999 on the 1st Saturday night at 8.30pm the busiest place was the ice cream shop, there was hardly another sole on the streets I was expecting to have to turn the lights out on my way out, but in the 14 years since I have seen a lot of movement so much so that it is now 9.00pm:laugh:.

But really there is heaps to do, and plenty of places to go, it's up to you to make it happen.

When we arrived in1999 on the 1st Saturday night at 8.30pm the busiest place was the ice cream shop, there was hardly another sole on the streets I was expecting to have to turn the lights out on my way out, but in the 14 years since I have seen a lot of movement so much so that it is now 9.00pm:laugh:.

But really there is heaps to do, and plenty of places to go, it's up to you to make it happen.

True, but most poms are used to being spoon fed.

you out must have mistakenly landed at redcliffe ;) even in the 80's clubs were pumping to 5 in the morning...I can just remember :) ...granted not many of them were next to the ice cream shop :)

Like a say while he's chowing down his Boerewor and Biltong while sipping his Castle Beer, the folks at home in both RSA and England will be applauding. Anything to get the Aussie backs up. Come to think of it promoters here in OZ will be none to fussed either. Sledging good for the game along with Aussie arm breaking threats of course.

I bet the saffas/brits care even less than we do...like watching year 3 kids argue ;) so what sort of knob threatens to break someone's arm anyway...even if it was aimed at the opposition's worst sledger it says pretty damning things about your character imo.

Perth had always held the title as the worlds most boring city but now it has been suggested that Brisbane is now the main contender!!

Having lived and worked in Brisbane I can vouch that it is mind numbingly boring:arghh:as far as major cities go.

agree? disagree?

Only boring people get bored

So I'm going there for the first time soonish...what grabs you the first time ? :)

Few good pubs and breweries. Try this link.

http://www.fremantlewa.com.au/images/freo/pub_trail_web.pdf

If your missus likes markets they have one of them too. Best thing is the Sail and Anchor is directly across from the market so it gives you an excuse to go and wait in there while she goes round the market. What could be better than that?

Archived