ATHEIST CHURCH HERE IN aUSTRALIA.

Guest Guest66881

Guest Guest66881

It is a church without religion, a congregation that celebrates life rather than any god.

, or church for atheists, is a gathering of the godless and is on its way to Australia. It aims to celebrate and inspire. It also serves tea and cake.

"The Sunday Assembly has been called the atheist church, but we prefer to think of it as all the best bits of church but with no religion and awesome songs," British comedian Sanderson Jones said.

"Our motto is "live better, help often and wonder more", and our mission is to help everyone live this one life as fully as possible."

Mr Jones and fellow comedian Pippa Evans created and held their first Sunday Assembly in London in January.

Since then, the movement has gone viral.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/19755892/sunday-assembly-atheist-church-comes-to-australia/

Gods and religions were the creation of primitive people and have no place in the modern world. It amazes me that with all the corruption and sexual abuse that goes on, that people can't use their intellect and reason to see though these charlatans.

We don't need any churches including an atheist church.

Pathetic- ridiculous idea. Feel sad for them.

Actually quite a good idea.

A group that meets up, only wanting to do good in the world, being nice to each other and having tea and cake.

People widening their social circles and helping their fellow man.

Sounds good, fantastic idea. I feel happy for them.

If I was going to be religious, I'd be buddhist, went to a service at a temple once and it was great. It was very positive in its approach, thank and respect your parents/teachers/Country etc. and these people weren't from Australia. It was all about what you can do in life rather than what you can't or shouldn't, which is what I remember about Catholicism.

Mind you, it still wasn't good enough to make me want to go back, despite the great food afterwards.

Live and let live without belittling anyone for their beliefs

The trouble is most people have their beliefs imposed upon them. Children are brainwashed from birth. I remember the nightmares I had as a child regarding satan and hell. My so-called "Christian" parents were guilty of no less than child abuse.

Live and let live without belittling anyone for their beliefs

What about racists? What about misogynists or homophobes? Live and let live?

If people don't like having their beliefs mocked, they should have such silly beliefs.

Atheist Church? Not for me. I don't see the point in having a ritual or place to say I don't believe. I do it (not believe) all the time.

Archived