Immigrants, paedophiles, scroungers...

paulv

Ahhhh no worries wakey,not getting into underhand etc mate,just offering me opinion on the op,time to do me roast anyway

#Injects boring life chores into debate,roasties,mash,pork,green beans,onion gravy,yorkshires#

We have just had our roast dinner. Think I will have to get my snow gear out so I can do the Sunday BBQ so I don't become too much of a Pom having the Sunday roast every week ;)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It doesn't appear on the surface they have an intellectual disability, they are adults and so of course they know its wrong.

i think you've inadvertently hit on one of the main points here.

many of the 'giro-practors' ive met in my time are 30-40 years old but act like kids.

my assessment of this is that they have always lived in a situation where they have been waited on.

they just do what they do and get paid.

eat, drink, shag, smoke, jeremy kyle, eat, rant, rave, shag, drink, smoke, get paid, party, drink, smoke, scream at kids in lidl's, smoke, whinge about how hard it is, sleep, jeremy kyle..... etc

this doesn't breed the kind of mind that analyses a situation before getting caught up in the local frenzy (that is kinda appealing because its something outside of the normal)

the media bless em, are the only outlook these people have on the real world; so it shapes them.

so yes the media are to blame, but so are the government for letting this way of life proliferate so wildly.

Immigrants are 'different' in the eyes of the media as they are 'foreign'.

Welfare recipients are 'different' as they (allegedly) don't want to get a job and graft like you or I.

Gay people are 'different' because they are not like 'us'.

By continually highlighting how these different parts of our society are 'not like us' they leave the field open to those like these two men who are so angry and violent (or misguided, who knows?) that they will take it out on gays/immigrants etc as they have internalised that these are not real people.

We are all human beings, we all want to survive and prosper, to provide for our families, kids, loved ones.

But this forum continually acts as a board for intolerance- hence me pointing out what happens when this intolerance tips over the edge.

You have mentioned benefit recipients a few times on this thread, it was only a week or so ago that you accused "some" benefit recipients of being "bludgers", is that ok if you do but if anybody else questions them then they are tabloid reading, tory, cant think for themselves idiots?

You have mentioned benefit recipients a few times on this thread, it was only a week or so ago that you accused "some" benefit recipients of being "bludgers", is that ok if you do but if anybody else questions them then they are tabloid reading, tory, cant think for themselves idiots?

Not at all Andy. My 'bludgers' comment was an attempt at echoing the usual 'if you claim benefits you MUST be a waster' kind of attitude that tends to be aired in here.

This thread is highlighting just where that kind of scapegoating and vilifying parts of society can lead to- hence me saying 'don't dare be different'.

Not at all Andy. My 'bludgers' comment was an attempt at echoing the usual 'if you claim benefits you MUST be a waster' kind of attitude that tends to be aired in here.

This thread is highlighting just where that kind of scapegoating and vilifying parts of society can lead to- hence me saying 'don't dare be different'.

Who on here says if you claim benefits you must be a 'waster'? Who on here actually has that attitude?

Who on here says if you claim benefits you must be a 'waster'? Who on here actually has that attitude?

I have never seen anyone say that!

I have seen threads wth ppl saying that..I remember coz it annoyed me but I dont remember specific ppl..or r u just having a go at each other! :P

So you have seen posts where people have said that if you claim benefits you must be a waster? I must have missed those because in 5 years I have never seen a post like that so I would like to see it.

Its got me stumped as well. I reckon the majority of members on here would claim some type of benefit.
I must admit I would be amazed if the majority of people on here claimed some type of benefit to be honest wakey, I may well be wrong though.

Well not ppl that they perceive as claiming benefits legitimately (how they decide that im not sure)..but others..drug addicts. .young people..jeremy kyle types..their was a thread about a single mum on benefits that got alot of attention n turned into an argument. .think it got closed

Well not ppl that they perceive as claiming benefits legitimately (how they decide that im not sure)..but others..drug addicts. .young people..jeremy kyle types..their was a thread about a single mum on benefits that got alot of attention n turned into an argument. .think it got closed

That's completely different though, I cannot think of any post that has said people on benefits must be wasters and like I said if there has I would like to see it.

There seems to be a prevailing attitude Andy. You certainly aren't one of those I refer to. But I'm too much of a gent to name and shame. That's playing the man not the ball...
I would never say that as I think that the benefits system is incredibly important but it has been used obviously as a lifestyle choice for some and abused beyond belief and I would like in an ideal world for those who really need it to be given more if possible and I would be more than happy to pay my share, however I still maintain that I have not seen anyone post that benefit claimants must be losers.

Those ppl r on benefits though...what d u mean then..that for certain ppl to be on benefits its ok and for others its not??
what I am saying is that for instance if you have someone who has never worked, has 10 different kids by 5 different dads with no thought for the children and who will pay for them and no future plans to work to cover the cost and the flaunts it on tv ( I know this is an extreme case ) then most hard working people may well have a pointing saying that person is a waster, i know I would, however I have never seen anyone claim that if you claim benefits you must be a waster, over to you.

We claim child benefit, working family tax credits and child tax credits. As I'm sure many others will. But as Lorna states, some benefits are deemed 'ok' whilst others seemingly aren't.
Like what though?

Archived