Visa refund request - help

Guest guest72654

Guest guest72654

Hieveryone

i am about to apply for a refund request for my 856 visa application. Nomination was rejected. I'd also lodged my 856 application at the same time (on advice on my MA). Turns out I was given incorrect advice or actually misleading advice so I want to try and get a refund of my application fee.

has anyone lodged a successful refund request with DIAC? If so what kind of information did you include? Any guidance would be gratefully received!!

Thanks

:)

Guest guest72654

Yes you are right and I have spoken to the migration services authority. Problem is the MA is part of a firm which rents some of our office space. I would have to complain directly to them first and if not resolved would have to go to MSA and make formal complaint. This would not lead to great working relations....although bearing in mind the awful service I received I don't talk to them anyway.

I may lodge my request with DIAC and if not approved I'll complain directly to them....and just wait for the fireworks (they are awful people!)

Guest guest72654

Yes I paid for their advice although I do still owe them $2000 which i will not be paying.

My application was not considered as CO called me when nomination was rejected and told me no one had started looking at my application. I withdrew it the next day.

i just wanted a way not to confront my neighbours...but looks like ill have too.....eeeek

Guest guest72654

Ok thanks. The CO invited me to apply for a refund for my application fee - so i'm just going to put it in anyway and see what happens. 99% sure it will be refused but as they gave me the options I may as well try. Thanks

Ok thanks. The CO invited me to apply for a refund for my application fee - so i'm just going to put it in anyway and see what happens. 99% sure it will be refused but as they gave me the options I may as well try. Thanks

Oh you never know, you might get one on the basis that it was an invalid application. It was invalid as there was no approved nomination. It is not a refused visa because, say points were wrong.

would you mind letting us know how you get on? Might be useful for anyone in a similar situation in the future.

Guest guest72654

Yeh that's what the CO said - it was invalid as without an approved nomination it should not have been lodged. Shouldn't have been so eager and lodged them both at the same time. Lesson learned there! Of course - i'll let you know how I get on. Am just going to give as much information as possible (you have to give a detailed statement) and see what happens. $3200 for the application fee would go some way in now paying for the new visa! :)

Yeh that's what the CO said - it was invalid as without an approved nomination it should not have been lodged. Shouldn't have been so eager and lodged them both at the same time. Lesson learned there! Of course - i'll let you know how I get on. Am just going to give as much information as possible (you have to give a detailed statement) and see what happens. $3200 for the application fee would go some way in now paying for the new visa! :)

It is good that CO used the word "invalid", I think you will get a refund in this case.

Not having a Nomination approval does not constitute an “invalid” application, as you only need the associated Nomination to have been lodged.

For an application to be considered “Invalid” it would require that Schedule 1 criteria were not met.

Wherever possible get nomination/s approved before lodging visa application/s - otherwise you stand to lose the nomination fee and the visa application charge.

Archived