Update 10 months after returning to the Uk

blobby1000

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest 47403
Come on Baz....don't be shy....how do you know what makes a successful migrant?

Please show me where I have ever said I know what makes a successful migrant ..........................

Bet yer can't :wink:

Guest The Pom Queen

Ok I have deleted a few comments from this thread that got a little personal, some of the comments quoted the deleted ones so they went as well. This has gone from a members experience and update on moving back home in to a UK v Aus thread, it seems totally unfair to the OP. Please also remember this thread is in the MBTUK section so understand that if you venture in to this part of the forum there are going to be people who aren't happy with Australia, it is not an invitation to jump in and start attacking them. I'm not saying any of you would dream of doing such a thing :wink:

If the bickering does continue we will look at restricting parts of the forum to certain members.

Thank you x

Ok I have deleted a few comments from this thread that got a little personal, some of the comments quoted the deleted ones so they went as well. This has gone from a members experience and update on moving back home in to a UK v Aus thread, it seems totally unfair to the OP. Please also remember this thread is in the MBTUK section so understand that if you venture in to this part of the forum there are going to be people who aren't happy with Australia, it is not an invitation to jump in and start attacking them. I'm not saying any of you would dream of doing such a thing :wink:

If the bickering does continue we will look at restricting parts of the forum to certain members.

Thank you x

Thank you pom queen

its been an entertaining thread!

Pablo are you in Australia or the UK currently......sorry in a rush and no time to go back reading stuff to check...

Either way.....what DO you expect from Australia and why are you going.....if you don't mind me asking

Ive answered this already Blobby,but anyway,no,im still in the uk,there is only one way i can migrate,that is through my house selling,and i cant drop the price any more than i have,maybe another 5k,and thats it

Even if it sells my ex partner has complicated the issue because of the legacy she left with me with after we split up( a few friends on here understand the situ),but i "think" i can sort this issue out and still go,if it sells that is,but there's no reason to believe it will sell in the next 5/6 months if it hasn't already,thats not me being negative,im just pragmatic/realistic,the same way i would be on landing in aus

I guess its my self protection mechanism ,IE dont expect too much and "if" things dont live up to expectation it's not as disappointing?

I could go into the ins and outs of a ducks arse why i would like to try aus,but to use a few cliches (Sorry),life's for living,its for having experiences,im single now,no kids to worry about uprooting if aus didn't work out,so basically to experience a different country,even if it could be a fairly big financial risk

Obviously the fact that country speaks English,drives on the same side of the road etc etc is a draw as well,but like i say,i have to prepare myself for the fact it might not happen,or "probably" wont.

Then its just a case of boxing on,there's a hell of a lot worse places than the UK anyway,ive enjoyed my years here up to now,so no reason why that will change,so i will have to look at the positives,family and friends still around me,footy to watch at reasonable hours,and probably little or no mortgage in a much shorter time than that would happen in aus,there's plenty to be positive about,the alternative is to wallow and feel sorry for myself,and i'd have no right to do that when you consider the "real" issues some have to deal with every day,nobody will have died,i just wouldn't be able to migrate is all.

Im someone who gets itchy feet tho,so feel the need for a change,even if its just for a few years(who knows),so i have a plan b,but would like to learn their language first

If this doesnt answer your questions,then tough bleedin titty,because im not typing any more than that! :mad::wink:

Thank you pom queen

its been an entertaining thread!

To be fair to you mate reading your posts when you were in oz you could tell you weren't in a good place. Reading your posts now I can see you are trying to give a balanced view, let people know about your experiences, and I think you do that well. Your posts give some home truths without the cr@p that some others carry on with.

Ive answered this already Blobby,but anyway,no,im still in the uk,there is only one way i can migrate,that is through my house selling,and i cant drop the price any more than i have,maybe another 5k,and thats it

Even if it sells my ex partner has complicated the issue because of the legacy she left with me with after we split up( a few friends on here understand the situ),but i "think" i can sort this issue out and still go,if it sells that is,but there's no reason to believe it will sell in the next 5/6 months if it hasn't already,thats not me being negative,im just pragmatic/realistic,the same way i would be on landing in aus

I guess its my self protection mechanism ,IE dont expect too much and "if" things dont live up to expectation it's not as disappointing?

I could go into the ins and outs of a ducks arse why i would like to try aus,but to use a few cliches (Sorry),life's for living,its for having experiences,im single now,no kids to worry about uprooting if aus didn't work out,so basically to experience a different country,even if it could be a fairly big financial risk

Obviously the fact that country speaks English,drives on the same side of the road etc etc is a draw as well,but like i say,i have to prepare myself for the fact it might not happen,or "probably" wont.

Then its just a case of boxing on,there's a hell of a lot worse places than the UK anyway,ive enjoyed my years here up to now,so no reason why that will change,so i will have to look at the positives,family and friends still around me,footy to watch at reasonable hours,and probably little or no mortgage in a much shorter time than that would happen in aus,there's plenty to be positive about,the alternative is to wallow and feel sorry for myself,and i'd have no right to do that when you consider the "real" issues some have to deal with every day,nobody will have died,i just wouldn't be able to migrate is all.

Im someone who gets itchy feet tho,so feel the need for a change,even if its just for a few years(who knows),so i have a plan b,but would like to learn their language first

If this doesnt answer your questions,then tough bleedin titty,because im not typing any more than that! :mad::wink:

well good luck to you and I hope you get there. With an attitude like you have I am Sure there is a good chance it would work out well for you so I hope you get there.

To be fair to you mate reading your posts when you were in oz you could tell you weren't in a good place. Reading your posts now I can see you are trying to give a balanced view, let people know about your experiences, and I think you do that well. Your posts give some home truths without the cr@p that some others carry on with.

Thanks very much.

About a month before we left to come home I suddenly became a bit more constructively reflective rather than angry and, thankfully, mostly, that's how I still feel!

I don't miss much of Australia....I miss the coffee a lot, I miss the lack of rain (not the heat), I miss the beach, I miss the easy work and I miss the money.....actually that's a lot of stuff!

But the hardest thing we have found is the ending of the adventure. There were a lot of negatives but we were 'out there' ducking and diving and now we are back in our safe little box and that feels a little suffocating sometimes.

Sometimes we have to stop and remind ourselves....actually we didn't like it did we! And we need to remember that without being bitter and negative but also not to remember it through rose tinted glasses and regret leaving...

As I said before...basically, it does your head in!!!!

I'd love to know where some people actually came from in the UK. I watched an episode of Wanted Down Under today. The couple lived in a very ordinary terrace house worth $80k in what looked me like a really pikey town. They were so bloody judgemental about the houses and areas they looked at. I think some folk forget where the bloody hell they came from when they emigrate. Stuck up arseholes!!

Guest Guest16631

....surely it doesn't matter where you've come from.......

.....caravan or terraced house.......

......it's about what you want /need when you move........

.......for some it's about having space around you so the what and where becomes a priority.....

.......as I've said before ......if you are happy with where your at.......

........have the house of your dreams......a great job.....

........emigration is less attractive......more to loose......

.........but for those with few needs met.......

.........and the chance to be able to meet them by moving.......

.........often the effort to succeed is stronger.........ime.....!

Guest guest30085
Surely the full stop on your keyboard is worn out by now!

Tinks explained herself more than once about why she spaces her typing out. It really isn't a big deal is it?

I find the opposite in wanted down under I am always jealous everyone seems to have a 300000 pound budget for a house even the ones from the midlands where most housew are less that 150, 000. I dont quite understand if that means they actually have that money in cash once they sell or if its all mortgage.

Archived