police certificate

bessiedoll

hi guys.

when i submitted my application for my partner visa in December 2012, i thought it was decision ready.. when i was sorting through some paperwork last night, i realised that the police certificate i submitted is the certified copy and NOT the original. i have read a few times that it needs to be the original. i am worried that this will mean that when the case officer gets round to looking at my application, they will see this, ask for more info then put it to the back of the pile, and i will be waiting another year or more. is it worth me sending the original to the address that is on the website and they will just put it in my file? or should i just wait until the contact me for more info?

thanks in advance

B xx

I dont know the correct answer but if I was you and it def said it needs to be original I would send it now to save having to do it later n having to wait longer

that's what i thought too. i originally though they might not notice, but i really dont think i should take that risk.

I sent them a colour certified copy of the original, i still cant see how it would be a problem? did you send a copy nic?

Nic applied for a different type of visa.. Pretty certain partner visa doesn't accept colour scans in place of visas. Your police certificate is only 10 weeks or so away from being invalid anyway, so you're cutting it fine either way.

that really annoys me too, because i provided all of this information up front, medicals etc and i am going to have to pay a fortune to get them all done again, when people i know got their visas approved after 6 weeks..it infuriating. then i call immigration and they are horrible on the phone to me. what the hell did i spend almost $5000 on?!?!?!?!?!?

that really annoys me too, because i provided all of this information up front, medicals etc and i am going to have to pay a fortune to get them all done again, when people i know got their visas approved after 6 weeks..it infuriating. then i call immigration and they are horrible on the phone to me. what the hell did i spend almost $5000 on?!?!?!?!?!?

Pretty certain the delay you're experiencing is why people don't front load partner visa applications anymore, nor does immigration recommend it.

I would go ahead and send your original police clearance to them. Include your case/file number, whatever you were sent when they acknowledged your application. The police clearances and medicals aren't cheap, of course, but they shouldn't have cost anything close to $5k? Unless you're counting the whole cost of the visa in that? In which case you're not going to have to pay all of that again... just the medicals and police checks.

I would go ahead and send your original police clearance to them. Include your case/file number, whatever you were sent when they acknowledged your application. The police clearances and medicals aren't cheap, of course, but they shouldn't have cost anything close to $5k? Unless you're counting the whole cost of the visa in that? In which case you're not going to have to pay all of that again... just the medicals and police checks.

i was just having a rant about how much the whole process cost, and what this has actually paid for, when the people i speak to are rude and unhelpful, and i have to do most of it again anyway.. i know i wont have to pay that again, i am just annoyed at the whole process

i was just having a rant about how much the whole process cost, and what this has actually paid for, when the people i speak to are rude and unhelpful, and i have to do most of it again anyway.. i know i wont have to pay that again, i am just annoyed at the whole process

The $5,000 was for the consideration of your visa. The people you speak to aren't there to give you advice and don't work for you either - that is what agents are for.

The $5,000 was for the consideration of your visa. The people you speak to aren't there to give you advice and don't work for you either - that is what agents are for.

excuse me peach? im not stupid, i know what i paid for, it was a rhetorical question.. i was venting, im sure you have been guilty of doing that at some point.. i don't think they work for me,but i sure as hell don't expect that they are going to be out right rude.. they still have to provide an acceptable level of customer service weather you like it or not!! .. why do they have a telephone number if it is forbidden to call them? i don't think it appropriate for you to have a go like that, i would appreciate it if you don't comment on my posts again if you do not have anything constructive to say. thanks

Nic applied for a different type of visa.. Pretty certain partner visa doesn't accept colour scans in place of visas. Your police certificate is only 10 weeks or so away from being invalid anyway, so you're cutting it fine either way.

Hi yes mine was a 190 sorry not partner visa, and no didn't have to send copy but as Peach says its different type so maybe different rules, good luck

excuse me peach? im not stupid, i know what i paid for, it was a rhetorical question.. i was venting, im sure you have been guilty of doing that at some point.. i don't think they work for me,but i sure as hell don't expect that they are going to be out right rude.. they still have to provide an acceptable level of customer service weather you like it or not!! .. why do they have a telephone number if it is forbidden to call them? i don't think it appropriate for you to have a go like that, i would appreciate it if you don't comment on my posts again if you do not have anything constructive to say. thanks

If you don't want to see replies from someone, please use the ignore function. There are SO many posters, most can't remember who they have said what to.

As an aside, it was constructive, many people don't realise that immigration don't give out migration advice. That post could help others who only read posts.

The only way you will need to redo anything is of it goes over a year. This happened to me on two visas. Yes it is VERY annoying, and believe me, I spent FAR more than $5k.

It could have been worded differently if it was supposed to be helpful, I am aware that the immigration people do not work for me, so that was a pointless thing to say, I don't think anyone would find that helpful.. If I went through every post on here that was having a rant about immigration or visas, writing sarcastic comments on them, I would be here a while...

Thanks for your words of wisdom. I don't think I will bother posting on here anymore.

Just a side note.. It will be over a year in a couple of weeks, so the chances are I will have to do them again..

Archived