Help needed regarding moving children to oz

Raesharp

This is a little complicated but any help is greatly appreciated as iv tried contacting a mara agent but no reply. I live in Scotland with my partner. We have a child each from previous relationships. We have permission to take the kids to oz. my partners siblings live in Darwin and his bro wishes to sponsor him to work for his decorating company. We wish to be married but we have now been told my son can't register at school? I'm not sure why this is? My partner thinks he may need to be a citizen before we can enrol him. I need as much help as possible, perhaps it's to do with the sponsor?

Its more likely they won't enrol him till you are actually resident in Australia. You can't usually enrol a child (for state system) whilst still resident in the UK.

If its not that, then no clue.

You probably can't enrol your son because you as yet have no address or proof of living at an address that serves the school - or visa (if you are still in the UK).

Your partners brother's company must satisfy the criteria for a business to sponsor people from overseas (someone more knowledgeable will let you know).

There's nothing to stop you both getting married if you're both free to do so.

This is a little complicated but any help is greatly appreciated as iv tried contacting a mara agent but no reply. I live in Scotland with my partner. We have a child each from previous relationships. We have permission to take the kids to oz. my partners siblings live in Darwin and his bro wishes to sponsor him to work for his decorating company. We wish to be married but we have now been told my son can't register at school? I'm not sure why this is? My partner thinks he may need to be a citizen before we can enrol him. I need as much help as possible, perhaps it's to do with the sponsor?

No of course you do not need to be citizens to enrol at school, or there would be a lot of children in Australia going without an education. But of course you cannot enrol them yet, you don't even have a visa.

On that front, I think sponsorship by a brother to work in a decorating business is a long shot indeed. The fact that it is his brother will immediately attract extra scrutiny and then he will need to show that there is nobody available locally to take the job. What is your partners occupation? Can he or you not get a skilled migrant visa?

Thanks for all the replies, I think the problem may well be that his brother perhaps can't sponsor him therefore we can't go with him as easily? My partner is a fire protection engineer and I don't think that is classed as a skill :/ we just want to all be together as his mum and both siblings are going to be in Darwin.

Thanks for all the replies, I think the problem may well be that his brother perhaps can't sponsor him therefore we can't go with him as easily? My partner is a fire protection engineer and I don't think that is classed as a skill :/ we just want to all be together as his mum and both siblings are going to be in Darwin.

So his brother was going to sponsor him in a role that is not even his usual occupation? I hate to say it, but I am almost certain that this is not going to happen.

You need to look to getting there under your own steam I think, have you checked the skills lists for both of you? That would be the first step.

Hi

We moved to Victoria from Scotland last year and I was in contact with a few schools regarding enroling my children before we moved out. We had to wait till we arrived in Australia before we could enrol them. We had to show the school a copy of our visas, medical records and last school report on the day we enrolled them.

Check out http://www.myschool.com.au it shows how well schools perform.

So his brother was going to sponsor him in a role that is not even his usual occupation? I hate to say it, but I am almost certain that this is not going to happen.

You need to look to getting there under your own steam I think, have you checked the skills lists for both of you? That would be the first step.

My partner does other things like plasterboarding etc which his brother needs help with as well,the fire protection is his main job sorry didn't explain myself properly :)

It sounds like getting the visa is the issue. Why not give wrussel (the post above yours) a call. He isn a well respected migration agent and will let you know what options you have.

Yeah I'm just not sure which visa we can all come over on which allows the kids to go school if he isn't on skill list :(

My partner does other things like plasterboarding etc which his brother needs help with as well,the fire protection is his main job sorry didn't explain myself properly :)

The problem is that family can't just sponsor because they feel like it, it really is more complicated than that. Good luck though.

Yeah I'm just not sure which visa we can all come over on which allows the kids to go school if he isn't on skill list :(

Any work visa, other than a tourist visa, should allow your children to enter school. Obviously a tourist visa is for a holiday, not to settle and work.

Getting the children into school is not the issue you need to be looking at, that would be straight forward. Your issue is finding a suitable visa, family sponsored working visas would be viewed with a high degree of scepticism by immigration and to be honest, it is probably a non starter.

But what you need to do first of all is to look to see if your partner's occupation is on the skills list, there are two the SOL and the CSOL and you will find them if you search on here www.immi.gov.au. Why not give that a go and then let u sknow how you get on and we take it from there.

One more issue you may need to address is whether you have a 1229 form or statutory declaration for both your children from your ex's to say both children are given permission to get a visa otherwise you may be facing quite a lengthy and expensive court process. It is possible but expensive. Just search this forum for removal from jurisdiction. The paperwork needs to be accurate and specifically what is asked for otherwise you would not be granted a visa. The ex's say so or a note offering permission will not be enough.

Archived