So Where is all the GO FREO support!!!!

Phoenix16

OMG, Freo is a crazy place right now, everyone is decked out in purple, the banners and balloons are up, it's got a really awesome vibe!!! I went to the Dockers shop today to get a hat and a vest for my daughter, $120 later!!!! but everyone's in the spirit!! Hubby's in Melbourne at the final by fluke, booked months ago as a corporate thing just darn lucky it's Freo!! Wilson Park at South Beach are doing a big family friendly big screen in the park final, GO FREO, it's going to be a fab day!!!

It's fantastic. I have been here for 2 Eagles grand finals and it has never been like this. I don't really follow it but I will barrack for the WA team. Go Freo!!!

I will confess I don't follow it either but my 6 year old is coming home from school singing 'dockers win, eagles in the bin'!! She's 6, she's never experienced anything like it so I'm right behind her and Living minutes away from Freo I've got to tell you the vibe is amazing!!!! Freo really is crazy tonight and the bars are opening at 6 am so imagine tomorrow!!!!

Agree but the city seems to have that in perspective, I'm sure Freo town centre will be a mess and I wouldn't take my child but in South Freo they are doing a big screen family friendly venue and it will we well policed, I think generally it will be quite civilized but after the game families need to head home and most will!!

Don't follow it at all but can't help being caught in the fever! Bars opening at 6? Not good IMO!

i don't really follow it but my little chick has got it all from school!! She even sings this song that I can't quite get but it ends in 'show your knickers to the football team''!! She's pre primary in a pretty expensive school so gawd help us!!!!!

Guest Guest26012
Agree but the city seems to have that in perspective, I'm sure Freo town centre will be a mess and I wouldn't take my child but in South Freo they are doing a big screen family friendly venue and it will we well policed, I think generally it will be quite civilized but after the game families need to head home and most will!!

the cops will be out in abundance for sure! Having said that, it won't be too bad I'm sure. They won't serve you here if they think you're drunk.

Yes my son comes home singing th dockers win, eagles in the bin, or any other team combo song...he hasnt a clue really! He even asked what all the fuss was about earlier today...I said if mum and dad were aussies he might be mor einterested in it too...I suppose as poms we are just not quite as into it as the aussies...I tell people i dont even follow english football so i have no clue about australian footy...my physio is going to melbourne tomorrow, says airfares are 5 x as much, is really not jappy about it but still going, he says grand final day is better than christmas day to aussies!

Was in Freo for lunch and back in again tonight for a couple of sherrys!!

This arvo was very carnival like, a big purple haze, even the road on the strip has been painted purple!!

Tonight was a fantastic atmosphere, I loved it, great vibe about the place.

Tomorrow is going to good fun....can my liver sustain this, I just don't know

Yes my son comes home singing th dockers win, eagles in the bin, or any other team combo song...he hasnt a clue really! He even asked what all the fuss was about earlier today...I said if mum and dad were aussies he might be mor einterested in it too...I suppose as poms we are just not quite as into it as the aussies...I tell people i dont even follow english football so i have no clue about australian footy...my physio is going to melbourne tomorrow, says airfares are 5 x as much, is really not jappy about it but still going, he says grand final day is better than christmas day to aussies!

like you I don't follow it but just got really caught up in my daughters excitement so I just sent to give her a wonderful day!!!! and if your round Freo (I work there) it is all rather exciting!!!

I was born in Melbourne in 1962 and have lived here all my life and never followed any specific team, but I'm going for Freo'. I always go for the underdog and really hope they win but being an exciting match at the same time. I had to laugh at the purple bus that drove all the way over the Nullarbor plain and it's parked in Federation Square, and the boys are partying on constantly before the match. Go Dockers.

When I say underdog I mean Hawthorn have plenty of premierships over the years and as far as I know Fremantle don't have any.

Archived