good advice needed from the wise ones you are

tinaisrar

In a nursing job full time right now, not enjoying the environment im working,in for many reasons,mainly some awkward staff who are part of the furniture and do not like team work some general bitchiness, though i appreciate this is in most places of work and politics with a poor manager. Half the nursing staff have handed there notice in within last 4 weeks and i would have been 1 if not in the process of moving to Oz. Currently waiting for ANMAC hopefully approx 2 weeks wait left and then APHRA,so all stuff signed of thats needed for registration and assessment by current employer.

Problem is not enjoying it AT ALL, is it worth finding another job while waiting to apply(hopefully Nov as PR) and for visa to be granted, as hoping to go in March though fully aware it could take 12 months. Or is it not worth it and just stick it out where i am. Dont want to mess potential new employer about if only there for short term but honestly dont know if i can stick where i am while waiting for visa, but dont want to mess anything up with the process.

a little advice or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

A few things I guess to consider. It would take 6-8 weeks to find another job and give notice so potentially if entering a new job you will only be able to give new post a few month assuming all went as planned for heading over in March, maybe best to let potential new employer know. Are you claiming points for length of service and if so are you currently relying on current pet to include that? Only because DIAC can be pedantic about references and evidence and such so may be best to stick it out. Never burn your bridges as you never know if you need them in the future! If its feasible to leave can you do agency/bank work in the meantime? good luck x

I think for the purpose of the visa it'd be best to stick it out, so you have a solid reference and they can sign everything. Also probably not good to start a new job when you know you'd be leaving after a year! I know how you feel, i've been there, think we all have, just keep thinking of aus and the visa and don't get involved with any drama.

In a nursing job full time right now, not enjoying the environment im working,in for many reasons,mainly some awkward staff who are part of the furniture and do not like team work some general bitchiness, though i appreciate this is in most places of work and politics with a poor manager. Half the nursing staff have handed there notice in within last 4 weeks and i would have been 1 if not in the process of moving to Oz. Currently waiting for ANMAC hopefully approx 2 weeks wait left and then APHRA,so all stuff signed of thats needed for registration and assessment by current employer.

Problem is not enjoying it AT ALL, is it worth finding another job while waiting to apply(hopefully Nov as PR) and for visa to be granted, as hoping to go in March though fully aware it could take 12 months. Or is it not worth it and just stick it out where i am. Dont want to mess potential new employer about if only there for short term but honestly dont know if i can stick where i am while waiting for visa, but dont want to mess anything up with the process.

If you're really not enjoying it then what's the problem applying for other jobs. You don't have to tell them you're leaving for Aus and they wouldn't have a problem letting you go at short notice if it suited them. Don't worry about loyalty, it's your life and you may as well try and get a job where you enjoy it, you spend a lot of time at work.

I'm afraid as I didn't come over on a skills visa I can't help with the practicalites of it. However I will say an end in sight often makes the situation more unbearable. Both hubby and I were bored and fed up with our jobs but the final few months were agony. Looking back it passes quickly.

Archived