Starting out

Seany Lynn and kids

Hi all. New to this but it's time I started to ask for help and advice. We are looking into gettin over to WA in the next year. Have just passed my ielts with an 8 1st time so totally made up as I thought I'd struggle and never really revised. Yippeeeee :biglaugh:

Was wondering if anyone has used destination oz? I spoke to Mick a couple of weeks ago. He seamed really nice. So just after advice on agents before I start handing money over.

Any advise greatly accepted thanks Seany Lynn and Kids

I used concept australia in manchester,think the fees are 1700 per cpl,in staged payments,plus meds etc etc,superb for me and 3 or 4 cples i know,worked for aus immigration for yrs,so theyre well up on it all,but loads on here do it themselves,which makes sense because you still have to do all kinds of form filling yourselves,agent or not,i had time constraints tho

Welcome to PIO and good luck!

Hi all. New to this but it's time I started to ask for help and advice. We are looking into gettin over to WA in the next year. Have just passed my ielts with an 8 1st time so totally made up as I thought I'd struggle and never really revised. Yippeeeee :biglaugh:

Was wondering if anyone has used destination oz? I spoke to Mick a couple of weeks ago. He seamed really nice. So just after advice on agents before I start handing money over.

Hi well done re your IELTS..I did the same and it felt like a huge acheivement! I would strongly recommend John Adams at Immigration2oz

Good luck with the process :biggrin:

One other viewpoint. We didnt use an agent, but went ahead ourselves. Depending on what visa you are going for, then do consider this option. It really wasnt difficult, mostly just providing documents, organising medicals etc.

Anything to save money!!

Nick

Hello Sean.

What's your occupation, and what is your planned visa pathway?

Best regards.

That's good, Sean.

Remember that you only need 60 points to secure a visa under subclass 190 - and that it is really important not to overegg the points claimed on the Expression of Interest (the EoI).

The visa application case officer will be verifying the points claimed at the EoI stage against the documentation you provide when a visa invitation is accepted - if the documentation doesn't support your claims the case officer is required to refuse your application, and you lose the Visa Application Charge (could be > A$5k if you have a partner plus children).

Because invitations are issued regularly during the course of each year it is a good idea to confirm your points position and a visa strategy when your skills assessment comes through - a good advisor will know what is happening with invitations (ie what points cutoff is securing an invitation to lodge an application under subclass 189) and can guide you as to whether a subclass 189 or a 190 is preferred.

In other words, appointing a good advisor who can check your position once you have your migration skills assessment is (in my view) a way of reducing your risk of an adverse outcome and losing the VAC paid at visa invitation stage.

Whether you want to appoint an advisor to assist with your skills assessment application too is a function of how you feel about preparing paperwork and liaising with the skills assessment body. Many in your position aren't so good with paperwork - though their partners/spouses sometimes are.

Maybe get two or three fee proposals from recommended migration agents, and then make an informed decision about how to proceed?

Hope this helps - good luck!

Archived