Form 80

flatpack

You can see from my sig we are now waiting on a CO and hoping to get one very soon, looking at other people with a similar time frame I've noticed some being asked for Form 80.

Does everyone get asked for this? And is it something we can front load?

to our knowledge, anyone applying under Skillselect will need to fill that out. In our application (after lodging) guidelines it said form 80 is a must. We were asked for it. You do not have to upload it but I certainly would fill it out and have it ready when the CO ask for it.

I wasn't asked for it and didn't front load it, must depend on the case officer!

he/she was cutting corners than! This is from the letter we have received:

CHARACTER REQUIREMENTS

Evidence of Character - Overseas Police Certificates

You must provide a police clearance certificate from each country where you have lived for a

total of 12 months or more in the last 10 years, these 12 months are calculated cumulatively,

not consecutively.

Country-specific instructions on how to obtain a police clearance is at

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/character-requirements/character-penal.pdf.

Form 80

All persons over age of 16 years must also complete and immediately return a Form 80 Personal

Particulars for Character Checking. Note that Malaysian citizens born before 1978 must provide

old and new Identity Card numbers at Q14 of the form.

Well now days they are asking everyone whether one is from High risk countries or not. Make sure you provide them all the correct information. If not sure about something and you think that you can't provide accurate answer then let your Case officer know.

Cheers.

You are right but it is up to CO is he/she thinks that it is necessary for them to make a call on your application. For me my CO asked for Form 80 and 1221 was recommended but I only filled for 80. Some people before getting their CO fill form 1221 and 80. Sometimes it is better to wait for CO.

he/she was cutting corners than! This is from the letter we have received:

CHARACTER REQUIREMENTS

Evidence of Character - Overseas Police Certificates

You must provide a police clearance certificate from each country where you have lived for a

total of 12 months or more in the last 10 years, these 12 months are calculated cumulatively,

not consecutively.

Country-specific instructions on how to obtain a police clearance is at

www.immi.gov.au/allforms/character-requirements/character-penal.pdf.

Form 80

All persons over age of 16 years must also complete and immediately return a Form 80 Personal

Particulars for Character Checking. Note that Malaysian citizens born before 1978 must provide

old and new Identity Card numbers at Q14 of the form.

maybe maybe not she sure as hell made me jump brought hoops proving previous employment and requesting documents be resubmitted in PDF rather than word so i dont feel I got off lightly!

• 3 weeks later...

We have been asked for the dreaded Form 80

It goes over a lot of information that we have already given them, so that's just replicating, and it asks for information about family members which is easy. By far the worst of the lot is Q.45 Have you travelled to any countries other than Australia, including any visits back to your country of citizenship during the past 10 years (including short days)?

Note: If you are applying for a refugee/humanitarian visa you will be asked to provide details of all visits to any other country other than Australia for the last 30 years (you will need to note the month and year of your visits).

How the hell am I supposed to remember every holiday I've been on in the last 10 years? They don't stamp passports when travelling within Europe.

flatpack - I hated that question, too, along with the "all the jobs since you left school" question. Even for someone my age (early 30s) that was hard to dig up!

Basically what you do is glean what information you have from your passport, any travel itineraries you may still have on hand, travel journals, photos with dates, e-mails with flight info, Facebook posts etc. You do the best you can to remember. Then use the Additional Information section at the end of the form to say you've done the best you can to dig up the information but are not sure if you've left anything out within the EU since there's no passport stamping happening. You can say things like "I remember I went to Germany three times between 2007-2010 but not the exact dates." They just want you to do the best you can.

EDIT: And it was two MARA-registered migration agents who told me the above re: doing the best you can and noting anything you can't remember precisely.

Archived