309/100 partner visa offshore - August applicants

vickyplum

Unfortunately bridging visas only "bridge" you from one onshore visa to another onshore visa. There's no such thing as a "bridging visa" for offshore applicants. What type of visa are you on right now? I know some visas will allow you to apply for a lifting of work restrictions if you have serious hardship circumstances. The WHV is one of them... not sure what else might, but if you tell us what visa you're on someone will come by who knows whether you can apply to lift work restrictions or not on your particular visa.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi new to this forum!

I applied for a partner visa in May offshore (London), got a case workers and done my medical and police checks in August. Still waiting. Just want to know if anyone has been processed earlier than 8 months? Our circumstance changed and we had to come out to Australia early. I'm stuck in visa limbo :-(

I'm aware once my visa is granted I have to leave the country and come back in again . It just a impossible situation as Im desperate to work. Has anyone herd of offshore applicants being granted bridging visa? If I could go back in time we'd of applied much earlier....but such is life...cant plan everything!

Good luck everyone! Its a long wait

As has been mentioned, a WHV is possible if you qualify for one (age and all that dependant). However, its an offshore visa and so you would have to leave Aus and go elsewhere and wait for it to be granted so costs there to factor in. Also its not a definate you would get it granted, so consider what you would do if you failed to get one (you should I would hope but as they can see you've applied for a partner visa, a tourist visa and then a WHV they may ask questions). You could have applied for a WHV before leaving the UK instead of a tourist visa. Also factor in that many places don't always employ people on a WHV or you may only get casual or part time work on it or none at all. Be careful also as you are not that far off from a possible visa grant, applying for a different visa could stuff you up if it comes though a bit sooner and you then get granted a WHV or some such (unlikely but if the timings overlap you'd be stuffed).

Many people have been getting their partner visa grants around the 7 month mark recently. This does not mean the wait time has changed from 8-9 months so don't take it as a given everyone is getting their visa around 7 months but it is happening.

I'd probably sit tight and wait the extra couple of months. Perhaps do some volunteering work to keep you busy. If you are really needing the money and qualify then consider a WHV but you've the outlay to fly off shore, application fee, hotel etc somewhere for a few nights till its granted. Then you've still got to apply and find a job once you get back and that can take time.

• 2 weeks later...
As has been mentioned, a WHV is possible if you qualify for one (age and all that dependant). However, its an offshore visa and so you would have to leave Aus and go elsewhere and wait for it to be granted so costs there to factor in. Also its not a definate you would get it granted, so consider what you would do if you failed to get one (you should I would hope but as they can see you've applied for a partner visa, a tourist visa and then a WHV they may ask questions). You could have applied for a WHV before leaving the UK instead of a tourist visa. Also factor in that many places don't always employ people on a WHV or you may only get casual or part time work on it or none at all. Be careful also as you are not that far off from a possible visa grant, applying for a different visa could stuff you up if it comes though a bit sooner and you then get granted a WHV or some such (unlikely but if the timings overlap you'd be stuffed).

Many people have been getting their partner visa grants around the 7 month mark recently. This does not mean the wait time has changed from 8-9 months so don't take it as a given everyone is getting their visa around 7 months but it is happening.

I'd probably sit tight and wait the extra couple of months. Perhaps do some volunteering work to keep you busy. If you are really needing the money and qualify then consider a WHV but you've the outlay to fly off shore, application fee, hotel etc somewhere for a few nights till its granted. Then you've still got to apply and find a job once you get back and that can take

Thanks for the advice! Im gonna sit tight and wait out these last few months! Got some volunteering to keep me busy!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi vickyplum. Medical went ok as far as i know, have not heard anything back from the Doctors so I assume its all clear. My MBI is a bit high so I'm sure it will be referred because of this.

sounds good - hopefully the next you hear will be visa grant! Mine is next Friday, and I've also just put a reminder in my diary to send off the police check stuff...

sounds good - hopefully the next you hear will be visa grant! Mine is next Friday, and I've also just put a reminder in my diary to send off the police check stuff...

All the best for next friday I'm sure it will all be fine. Also try not to stress out to much, I know easier said than done as at times I was freeking out about it. LOL

My partner had a phone call from our case officer yesterday, he had filled out a Form 80 as per her request and she informed him that he had made a mistake on the time frame of one of his jobs from 3 years ago (accidentally put down that he had started in the wrong month) and seeing as though we included a letter from Home Office with his employment history to support that, she noticed and asked him to rewrite his whole job history to have it correctly documented. Just shows how detailed they are looking at our documents and weird to know she is contemplating our fate at this very moment! Ronnie said she was nice and quite warm on the phone which is also a nice thought as I seem to get the image of a robot just ticking or crossing boxes off!

Thought i'd join in with this!

309 application submitted (Ottawa, Canada) 15th August 2013, payment taken 19th August 2013, CO assigned 22nd August, additional info requested (police check & medical) 6th September. Medical completed and police check submitted by 3rd of October...now the waiting game begins.

Thought i'd join in with this!

309 application submitted (Ottawa, Canada) 15th August 2013, payment taken 19th August 2013, CO assigned 22nd August, additional info requested (police check & medical) 6th September. Medical completed and police check submitted by 3rd of October...now the waiting game begins.

Good luck everyone!

Well I e-mailed my CO on Friday 22 November 2013 to see if everything was in order and if my medicals were ok. Got a reply back saying that they now have all the documents that they require at this stage on the visa and that the current processing time is aproximately 9 month. I was also asked not to contact them to enquire on processing any time before expiry of this timeframe.

that told you OZ2014! ;) But useful to know they are on track with processing, and hopefully you will hear back in May/June 2014...

HAHAHA yes it did but I'm happy they do not need anything further. If its 9 month its not a problem as we only planning to arrive in May 2014.

Well 3 months under the belt now and I see that we are all on the right tracks.

Just got my medical done this morning so not far behind you vickyplum !! Also sent off the british and ozzie police checks for processing, so hopefully they wont take too long.

Time is flying in.....so now we will have to be thinking about getting our flat decorated and ready for going on the market in the new year. Lots to do, but glad that the forms and medical are all complete.

Fingers crossed for positive, quick results for us all.