309/100 partner visa offshore - August applicants

vickyplum

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just wondering...the people who have just had case officers assigned - what does the email actually say ? Do they quote an expected time frame for the whole thing ? Is there an explanation of the process at all ?

cheers

You are usually givens timeframe. Currently at 8-9 months last I heard.

As to the process, once you've lodged there really isn't much else tbh. They generally inform you to take your medical and police check about 3 months from the date of lodging. Do those then just wait really.

If they want more evidence they will ask for it. If you are not asked don't worry about it, they have enough.

Got the email from my CO today....can breathe now !!!

He has asked for my addresses for the last 10 years - not sure why, but just this was requested along with information requesting my police checks and medicals.

Sure everyone else will hear soon too.

Good news! Hoping that means my email will arrive soon too :)

He has asked for my addresses for the last 10 years - not sure why, but just this was requested along with information requesting my police checks and medicals.

Absolutely vickyplum...yours must be any day now as our applications went in within days of each other. Hope it will be soon for you, wait until you see it in your inbox - I almost had a heart attack even though I was waiting for the damn thing !!

take care for now, and lets all keep in touch

:)

Good news.

Re your addresses, did you perhaps miss out the 10 year history bit on your application? Even if it has all been in the UK you need to state that, not just list other countries if resided in them. Just a thought anyways.

I have heard from my CO!!! Opened my email just now and there it was, staring at at me. They have asked for further information "Provide your contact address on arrival in Australia. This should be an address where we can reliably contact you in the future when processing the second stage of your partner visaapplication."

I have also been asked to do my meds after 28 November. Does anyone know if I should send off for the police check at the same time? Or earlier?

I have heard from my CO!!! Opened my email just now and there it was, staring at at me. They have asked for further information "Provide your contact address on arrival in Australia. This should be an address where we can reliably contact you in the future when processing the second stage of your partner visaapplication."

I have also been asked to do my meds after 28 November. Does anyone know if I should send off for the police check at the same time? Or earlier?

Do your police check a week or two before the medical. It doesn't take long at all and you have to send it and a copy off to your CO. That means they'll both have about the same timeframe and give you validation time after grant. Doing the police check now means the clock starts ticking on how long you'll have to validate once your visa is granted. No benefit doing it sooner if you have been asked to do your medical Nov 28 onwards. Wait till around the same time.

As snifter says, there's no benefit from doing your police check earlier than your medical. It just shortens your time after grant for validation but will have no impact on your visa processing time. Do it around the same time or just after so you get it out the way.

Edited by GeorgeD

They have asked for further information "Provide your contact address on arrival in Australia. This should be an address where we can reliably contact you in the future when processing the second stage of your partner visaapplication."

Assume that means you are intending to travel to Oz and await grant out there. When are you planning to go?

Assume that means you are intending to travel to Oz and await grant out there. When are you planning to go?

This is standard information that they ask for as they assume that once you get your temporary visa, you will move to Australia and therefore be in Australia two years later for the grant of the permanent visa. That's why they ask for the address where you will be for the second stage of the process x

This is standard information that they ask for as they assume that once you get your temporary visa, you will move to Australia and therefore be in Australia two years later for the grant of the permanent visa. That's why they ask for the address where you will be for the second stage of the process x

I don't recall being asked this. We are applying offshore and planning the move in 2015 so do not have an address in Oz and will not have one until we arrive. I am confused.

I don't recall being asked this. We are applying offshore and planning the move in 2015 so do not have an address in Oz and will not have one until we arrive. I am confused.

You may well be going straight to PR and then there is no need for this.

ETA - Someone found that bit on the form. I think I put my MIL's address on that bit.

Edited by Guest

I don't think it's such a big deal if you don't have one and as Snifter says, you might go straight on to PR in which case, you don't need a follow up address. I only put one on my hubs form, because we do have one, but the likelihood is that he will go straight to PR too as we have been married many years and have many children (and even grandchildren now) and these things are all taken in to account when they are deciding between granting 309 or 100.

Hi new to this forum!

I applied for a partner visa in May offshore (London), got a case workers and done my medical and police checks in August. Still waiting. Just want to know if anyone has been processed earlier than 8 months? Our circumstance changed and we had to come out to Australia early. I'm stuck in visa limbo :-(

I'm aware once my visa is granted I have to leave the country and come back in again . It just a impossible situation as Im desperate to work. Has anyone herd of offshore applicants being granted bridging visa? If I could go back in time we'd of applied much earlier....but such is life...cant plan everything!

Good luck everyone! Its a long wait