309/100 partner visa offshore - August applicants

vickyplum

Hi, i'm new here,

309/100 August 2013 applicant, lodged on 6 August 2013 thru AVAC Jakarta Indonesia.

Acknowledgement letter received by email on 20 August 2013, also informed HAP ID to do medical check up and asked me to provide mandatory document required: certified copy of birth certificate of my hubby (sponsor).

Police character check submitted on 13 August 2013.

Medical examinations and x-rays have completed on 4 September 2013.

After I submitted additional doc on 29 Oct 2013 (2 copies of stat declarations 888), I sent them email and have reply on 11 November 2013 from one of the officer of Jakarta Permanent Entry & Citizenship Unit DIBP Australian Embassy, Jakarta (not mentioned the name), she/he said that have received the additional document from AVAC and will aim to contact me within 6 months from the date of lodgement of application.

On 15 Dec 2013 I added the docs (evidence of dependency of dependent child have turned 18 years of age), and have reply from CO (I think now, she is my CO), that the evidence will be added to my application.

Now, waiting and waiting, hope hear further news from CO in January-February 2014 as mentioned in her email.

Cheeers.

Edited by eeyore

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Police check DONE! (I knew it would be "no trace" but still nice to see it in writing...)

Police checks done and posted for me too....Australian and British certificates sent off to London on 17th dec and medical completed the week before.....now all can do is wait and hope.

Gosh, sometimes it feels like time is flying in and other weeks it seems as if the 9 month wait will never come to an end. How is everyone else managing ?

I am just carrying on with life as normal. I live with my partner in London which is a location we both really enjoy. Our reason for (possibly) moving to Australia is related to his family but is not on a time deadline. So we are getting on with stuff as usual (currently on hols in Asia) and will start making more concrete plans closer to when the visa grant is expected.

• 4 weeks later...

I got the fidgets today and emailed my CO, under the guise of "is there anything outstanding you need to process my application?" - knowing they will contact me if that's the case. The responded and confirmed they have everything they need and that processing time is still 8-9 months (April-May). They also reminded not to do anything that cannot be undone - such as resigning from job or selling house.

So I continue to wait quietly and obsessively check poms in oz whenever I get bored ;)

I got the fidgets today and emailed my CO, under the guise of "is there anything outstanding you need to process my application?" - knowing they will contact me if that's the case. The responded and confirmed they have everything they need and that processing time is still 8-9 months (April-May). They also reminded not to do anything that cannot be undone - such as resigning from job or selling house.

So I continue to wait quietly and obsessively check poms in oz whenever I get bored ;)

I thought that you were not on a tight deadline, much like me, Vickyplum. I have no intention of emailing my CO unless I haven't heard anything by end of May. Do feel a bit like life is on hold though. Just long hours at work and not wanting really to spend money now.

I thought that you were not on a tight deadline, much like me, Vickyplum. I have no intention of emailing my CO unless I haven't heard anything by end of May. Do feel a bit like life is on hold though. Just long hours at work and not wanting really to spend money now.

No I am not in a rush, but I am not good at waiting! Just wanted to hear something from them, after all the times I said I wouldn't contact them because there's no point. I'm carrying on with life as usual, even moving house (we rent) - but it's at the back of my mind every time I think about the summer holidays or Xmas etc... nevermind, not really much longer to wait now!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yours should be any day now OZ. Are you getting twitchy? :chatterbox:

Hey Vickyplum. I do hope so. I have seen on the other threads that people are starting to get grants. Trying not to think of it to much as I do not want to drive myself crazy. Will update once I get it. :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
@NikkiM - how is your partner's visa journey getting on?

Hey there, nothing new to report here, case officer was in contact regularly in the first few months confirming things regarding form 80 but haven't had any more news from her for a while. I went back to the uk in feb for 5 weeks to see Ronnie and he has just left the uk and gone back home to bangladesh, just last week he applied for a tourist visa to come to Aus next month for our anniversary and my birthday but as he is a high risk country, even the tourist visa has a 28 day processing time :( we've emailed her updating her on my travel details and his plans and we get a standard thanks for the update of info reply each time but not much else! so glad to hear things are moving ahead for you guys :))

that must be frustrating for you. But presumably the silence and standard "thanks for the info" means they are getting on and processing Ronnie's application still? Presumably it still has to be done the same as the rest of us, just taking that bit longer...

Hey there, nothing new to report here, case officer was in contact regularly in the first few months confirming things regarding form 80 but haven't had any more news from her for a while. I went back to the uk in feb for 5 weeks to see Ronnie and he has just left the uk and gone back home to bangladesh, just last week he applied for a tourist visa to come to Aus next month for our anniversary and my birthday but as he is a high risk country, even the tourist visa has a 28 day processing time :( we've emailed her updating her on my travel details and his plans and we get a standard thanks for the update of info reply each time but not much else! so glad to hear things are moving ahead for you guys :))

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

thanks! :) I'm not sure if it was my polite persistence but it was funny that KP responded to my enquiry email saying "I'll grant it today when I get 10 mins" and then it appeared a few minutes later! Makes me wonder about the systems/processes they have in place, but nevermind...

@vickyplum So happy for you, jealous but happy :hug:. Going to check Mr MtT's email now and see if anything's there :wink: