Occupation closed

naja

Cannot believe it. New list is out and my occupation is no longer on it. :no: :sad::cry:

And I have just finished my commitment statement and found enough job adds.

Cannot believe it. Confused, sad and angry at myself!

yes it is a bummer. see if other states have your occupation on their lists. However if you started your application before the new list came out you might be able to finish it?

Debbio, Maggie2012, I still blame myself for not lodging my application sooner. But it is like it is and I have to accept that fact, whether I like it or not. Fortunately, my occupation is also on WA and SA list. It's just that I really liked the idea of living in Canberra. Maybe also due to the fact that I really made a good investigation about living there and it kind of grew on me.

Well, I have to decide between Perth and Adelaide now and would appreciate your opinion about this dilemma. I console myself with the idea of living closer to the beach. :cool:

Levi, my occupation is Community Worker and I wanted to move to ACT.

Then i would check out your partners job and see where he is most likely to get work. Oz can be a bit strange like that. A job that is very easy to get in one state can be thin on the ground in another. If you can tell us what he does, we might be able to advise better. Also, what you like doing in your spare time

Verystormy, thanks. Even before our final decision we've been checking available jobs for a few months, especially because Canberra is so specific and you need citizenship for a lot of jobs. And only after we've been able to find enough job offers at any time for both of us, we've decided to move. We are very down to earth and sometimes maybe even too cautious and prudent.

We will now take some time to check both Adelaide's and Perth's job market and decide accordingly. Although at the moment I prefer Adelaide, since is not that isolated. Otherwise we've been to both cities and actually we liked both.

Verystormy, thanks. Even before our final decision we've been checking available jobs for a few months, especially because Canberra is so specific and you need citizenship for a lot of jobs. And only after we've been able to find enough job offers at any time for both of us, we've decided to move. We are very down to earth and sometimes maybe even too cautious and prudent.

We will now take some time to check both Adelaide's and Perth's job market and decide accordingly. Although at the moment I prefer Adelaide, since is not that isolated. Otherwise we've been to both cities and actually we liked both.

We are going to Brisbane, but if not I would def think about Adelaide...I have heard its a very good place to live :) Cant wait to visit one day!

We were originally going to Brisbane but after a year of investigation we had to drop it as we could only get State Sponsorship for WA & SA not Queensland. We've been in WA now for 3 and a half years. I visit Brisbane to see my eldest children and am actually glad we didn't move there now, no offence to Brisbaners but WA is better!!!:wink: :cool:

Edited by Que Sera, Sera

Debbio, Maggie2012, I still blame myself for not lodging my application sooner. But it is like it is and I have to accept that fact, whether I like it or not. Fortunately, my occupation is also on WA and SA list. It's just that I really liked the idea of living in Canberra. Maybe also due to the fact that I really made a good investigation about living there and it kind of grew on me.

Well, I have to decide between Perth and Adelaide now and would appreciate your opinion about this dilemma. I console myself with the idea of living closer to the beach. :cool:

Levi, my occupation is Community Worker and I wanted to move to ACT.

I cannot advice on Perth and Adelaide, but Perth is better off economically. There has been some decline in SA during these past years but on the other hand Perth is far away from the rest of the Major cities. So don't know, but do your research as others have suggested it. perhaps look on the Adelaide (SA) and Perth (WA) forums as well?

• 2 weeks later...