buying goods on line from the Uk

Waitingawhile

We have had excellent experiences buying online from the UK. We use Hotter Shoes, Marks and Spencer and John Lewis. We have also used amazon.co.uk. However, we have found that the delivery company that amazon.co.uk uses in Australia does not have particularly trustworthy staff. We have had to complain about sticky fingered staff who have opened packages on our doorstep (seen by neighbours), and although nothing has gone missing, I would be cautious about using them if you are buying popular CDs/DVDs or books. Fortunately what was sent to us was childrens toys (from relatives) and of no interest to the person who opened the package. We did complain and they never came back to us.

However, M&S delivered some childrens books within 4 days of the order being placed, which we thought was excellent.

Having seen the poor quality of clothes over here (and the current 80s theme) we are buying all our adult clothing from the UK. Target and Big W are fine for young children as they grow out of things so fast, but I would not buy any of their adult selection.

Having seen the poor quality of clothes over here (and the current 80s theme) we are buying all our adult clothing from the UK. Target and Big W are fine for young children as they grow out of things so fast, but I would not buy any of their adult selection.

Hehe, that 80's theme is everywhere here in the UK atm :yes: :wideeyed: I wore it first time round, no desire to go to leggings, skin tight jeans and those animal prints all over again. Nor the hareem pants, roman sandals and goodness knows what else. Looked back enough back then.

I have used Amazon for many years and only ever had one DVD that disappeared and they replaced it straight away. I buy from M & S and delivery is fine as well. I also buy from America as there sales of summer things coincide with our spring so can buy very cheaply from there. Never had a problem either. My daughter uses Ebay stores and buys from UK from small Ebay suppliers and no problems at all. I know my courier drivers who deliver to me.

I am waiting for two expensive handbags from America and they will come with secure post and sign.

I buy from Kogan here and its a great site.

I buy Next things through Ezibuy as they are then catering for our seasons rather than changing to autumn and winter.

I buy shoes from America and they are the best fit and comfort. Even though the dollar has dropped its still a lot cheaper to buy from America because of the sales.

I also have a membership to a company that gives me an address in America so that I can get goods that are not shipped to Aus.

I do find a lot of the Aus sites on Ebay are very good as well.

Buy jewellery and watches from the US of A as well.

Actually America is such a big market there is more stuff there. Designated sites for one type of clothing etc.

Thanks Paul and Deb will have a look. Que Sera we live in the country and only have a "country target" which has very limited stock of anything not even a toy department. Have a small big W as well but not much there either. This is why I do most of our shopping on line, but shorts to suit the more mature female seem to be in short supply. Oh to be young again

Can any one share some links to good ladies clothing on line. Chasing long leg smart casual shorts, seems just about everything in Aus is made for the very young and sadly I am long past that. Tried M & S but not much available. Thanks

I think I saw some on both these sites:

http://www.ezibuy.com.au/

http://www.birdsnest.com.au/

Or two US firms which are very good for smart casual are

http://www.llbean.com/ (free shipping in the masthead doesn't apply to Australia)

http://www.landsend.com/

The latter has an Australian depot for returns.

Archived