457 Visa processing time - August 2013

HeadingtoAus

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

Just a quick question. The case officer requested me & my husband to undertake chest x ray as the previous we did in October 2012 has expired.

I believe my application is at the very final stage. Do you know how long might it take (once the medical checks after finalised) to get the visa granted?????

I am so impatient... L

Cheers

Emilia

Funny... Friday morning we went to do x ray and my visa has been granted Friday afternoon .... :biggrin:

Good luck for all of you!

Emilia

My application currently is like this:

31/10/2013 Application received - processing commenced

31/10/2013 Application fee received

13/11/2013 Health requirement finalised

13/11/2013 Further medical results received

The funny thing is that my company had told me that they applied for the visa on the 27th September! But the system shows 31st October... How can it be?

I guess that it took from the 27th September to 31st October for my nomination to be approved. And then they began processing my application. Just a guess.

Still waiting and waiting...

Edited by Solum

Hi there.

I own the site 457visacompared.com.au and regularly get updates from visitors about processing times.

I want to stress that I have never seen as many delays as over the last hew months. Some people have waited over three months currently and I know of some case offices that have taken annual leave.

I know this is frustrating but that is the current situation.

Hi there.

I own the site 457visacompared.com.au and regularly get updates from visitors about processing times.

I want to stress that I have never seen as many delays as over the last hew months. Some people have waited over three months currently and I know of some case offices that have taken annual leave.

I know this is frustrating but that is the current situation.

Hi Justin

I am waiting for my 457 visa over 4 months . I lodged my 457 visa application on 28 June . I have got update on 4/10/13 " application being processed further"

But case officcer hasn't contact my MA yet . :mad:

Hi everyone,

I have lodged 457 Business Long Stay Dependant for my wife on 17 of July 2013. Application status changed to "being processed further" on 16 of August - medical stuff finalized on 25 of July. We are still waiting for her VISA. is there any one here with the same experience? do you have any advise for me?

Hi everyone,

I have lodged 457 Business Long Stay Dependant for my wife on 17 of July 2013. Application status changed to "being processed further" on 16 of August - medical stuff finalized on 25 of July. We are still waiting for her VISA. is there any one here with the same experience? do you have any advise for me?

Hi mate

I lodged my 457 VISA on 28 June . 4 October recived update "process further" still waiting . Case officer hasn't contact me yet ...

Hi everyone,

Your case officer communicating with you ?

Hi everyone,

Amy news mate ?

we had a chat with the case officer 8 weeks ago I think. according to them, it's on external check/security check stage!

I don't know how long more it suppose to take!!!

Which date your case officcer contacted you first time ? Did he ask you for further information ?

Which date your case officcer contacted you first time ? Did he ask you for further information ?

Hi mate,

CO asked for more information which we provided on 21 of August.

Just to clarify it: I'm 457 VISA holder and I have asked for dependent VISA for my wife - it's weird to me why it's taking so long?

Edited by Ehsan Lesani

Hi mate,

CO asked for more information which we provided on 21 of August.

Just to clarify it: I'm 457 VISA holder and I have asked for dependent VISA for my wife - it's weird to me why it's taking so long?

It should be finilised within 1 month .

we had a chat with the case officer 8 weeks ago I think. according to them, it's on external check/security check stage!

I don't know how long more it suppose to take!!!

I know someone who applied dependent 457 visa for his wife . His wife got visa After two weeks .

Edited by pavy

Hi, my application status showed "further information required" on Friday last week, but my case officer just asked for my health insurance last Monday. I sent her on Tuesday.

Just saw an update this afternoon "information received" but the date showed 13/11 (today is 15/11). Is it OK to assume that my application is in its final stage?

Any update on your visa david? I submitted my documents on the 15th and i got the same update " information received on 19th. The 28 day period for providing documents to the CO was on the 22nd nov. Is yours around the same time?

Any update on your visa david? I submitted my documents on the 15th and i got the same update " information received on 19th. The 28 day period for providing documents to the CO was on the 22nd nov. Is yours around the same time?

No news for me. My circumstance is a little bit weird and unfair but I think I'll have to cope with it anyway.

According to my CO, the nomination and the visa parts are all good now. She is just waiting for the sponsorship approval... Strange isn't it?

The situation was like this: my application lodged in August, my employer sponsorship status expired end of September, no one looked at my application until end of October. The CO notified my employer to renew their sponsorship status and they submit their renewal right on 29/10. Guess what? Now that application was in the pool with no priority and all the other parts are being delayed waiting for the processing of sponsorship to be finalised...

No news for me. My circumstance is a little bit weird and unfair but I think I'll have to cope with it anyway.

According to my CO, the nomination and the visa parts are all good now. She is just waiting for the sponsorship approval... Strange isn't it?

The situation was like this: my application lodged in August, my employer sponsorship status expired end of September, no one looked at my application until end of October. The CO notified my employer to renew their sponsorship status and they submit their renewal right on 29/10. Guess what? Now that application was in the pool with no priority and all the other parts are being delayed waiting for the processing of sponsorship to be finalised...

My situation is kinda similar as well. I applied in August as well, CO was assigned on oct 24 but the companies sponsorship expired in nov 12. So i don't know what is going to happen now, how did you contact your CO. When i called i was just referred to the general line.