457 Visa processing time - August 2013

HeadingtoAus

We got our visas approved this morning six and a half weeks after applying, below is our timeline I hope it helps the people who are waiting as I know how frustrating it is!

22nd August - applied for 457 (we uploaded all relevant documents on this date as we had everything ready)

7th September - carried out medicals (which went to review due to medical issues)

17th September - medicals approved & website updated to 'processing further'

26th September - case officer contacted us via email to ask for some further information

3rd October - case officer asked for further proof of De-facto relationship

7th October - submitted De-facto information

8th October - Approval!

Good luck everyone with your applications!

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Pavy

On the 17th it just updated on the IMMI website to 'Processing Further', no one contacted us until the 26th when we got an email directly from the case officer asking for more information.

When he emailed us directly on the 26th nothing was updated on the website, from that point on everything was handled directly with emails. Until today when it went to approved.

Hope this helps in some way.

We got our visas approved this morning six and a half weeks after applying, below is our timeline I hope it helps the people who are waiting as I know how frustrating it is!

22nd August - applied for 457 (we uploaded all relevant documents on this date as we had everything ready)

7th September - carried out medicals (which went to review due to medical issues)

26th September - case officer contacted us via email to ask for some further information

8th October - Approval!

Congrats mate

Did case officcer contacted you on 17 September . When you got update " further processed" ? Or he contacted you first time when he asked you for information ???

Hi Pavy

On the 17th it just updated on the IMMI website to 'Processing Further', no one contacted us until the 26th when we got an email directly from the case officer asking for more information.

When he emailed us directly on the 26th nothing was updated on the website, from that point on everything was handled directly with emails. Until today when it went to approved.

Thanks mate

I got update on 4/10/14 " processed further" but no one contacted my MA. . I thought they send email when the update further to applicant

Hi Pavy

Thanks mate

Congrats mate

Did case officcer contacted you on 17 September . When you got update " further processed" ? Or he contacted you first time when he asked you for information ???

No the case officer didn't contact us until the 26th Sep when he requested further information.

8th October - Approval!

Congratulations, KOKORO! Well done :):)

Hi Pavy below is status of my application, i am still bit confused if CO is assigned or not yet can you advise please??

Thanks & regards

MM

[TABLE=class: cms_table, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD]Application[/TD]

[TD]457 Business Long Stay Primary[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]20/09/2013[/TD]

[TD]Application received - processing commenced[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]20/09/2013[/TD]

[TD]Application fee receive

Complete character assessment required[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Primary Applicant

24/09/2013 Health requirement finalized

@MMuZ, I think you get an email from your CO with contact details? At least that's how mine came through - I received an email with the CO's details, advising what type of medicals my SO and I needed to have.

@Everyone: how did you get your IMMI log in details? Are they emailed to you?

Edited by harbingerthis

Hi cthads

when your application has been logded?

Mine was on submitted 20/09 (also in perth) and I have no i dea how long does it take...

Hey EmiliaPerth, mine was lodged 20/august, finished my medicals 28/august.... just today my MA wrote me that I got a Case Officer and it should be done by monday, hopefully....

It is taking longer than normal so get ready to be pacient

After reading through this thread it will be interesting to see how long our 457 will take. Our MA is in sydney, Rapid Visas - I emailed off all the paperwork requested this morning, he said we wont need medicals just confirming in the email that there aren't any pre-existing medical conditions would be fine. Our go between is Australian Trade Connections who liase with us, the visa people and my husbands new employer. The lady there said that it should take 6-7wks once paperwork has been submitted as there had been a backlog but it was now being cleared. She also said that my hubby's new boss had already provided his necessary paperwork so it's just ours their waiting for, so fingers crossed it wont be long..................... i will come back and update with a timeline to help others going through the process once we get the visa:biggrin:

Edited by cathy99

Just received my VISA GRANT by email! It took just over 10 weeks from the date I lodged my online application. Off to book flights....finally!

Good Luck everyone...hang in there! The waiting WILL pay off in the end!

So happy for you cath . Congrats