457 Visa processing time - August 2013

HeadingtoAus

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys.... I heard from my sponsoring company this week. Apparently my case officer only works on Tuesdays and Thursdays! Might explain why it's taking so long! Been 9 weeks now! My start date is now being moved because of the delay, and once my contract has been updated, I should receive visa approval either next week or the week after. Really hoping this is the case!

Good Luck everyone! Hope you all hear some positive news soon! The waiting is a killer!

Hey guys.... I heard from my sponsoring company this week. Apparently my case officer only works on Tuesdays and Thursdays! Might explain why it's taking so long! Been 9 weeks now! My start date is now being moved because of the delay, and once my contract has been updated, I should receive visa approval either next week or the week after. Really hoping this is the case!

Good Luck everyone! Hope you all hear some positive news soon! The waiting is a killer!

Good luck mate ..

Hi guys, I'm also waiting for my 457 since 10th Aug. One thing though I did not at the time provide and health insurance documents. Should I have done or can this be done once a CO has been appointed?

Thanks

I don't know the rules, but my agent made me supply my travel insurance documents covering health upfront. That's ok if you are from the UK as there is reciprocal health cover.

I don't know the rules, but my agent made me supply my travel insurance documents covering health upfront. That's ok if you are from the UK as there is reciprocal health cover.

it

Yes I'm from the UK, I think I made a mistake in thinking that medicare would be sufficient however I now realise it's only available if you're in the country (which I am not). Hopefully the CO will request it and I can just take out some temporary cover and supply those docs?

I applied 9/8/13, had CO allocated on the 27/8/13 - had major issues as they asked for further documentation and I never received the email! Happened to check my application one day and found that 1 week had passed since information had been requested but no details. Sent emails, messages and even rang Australia House here, and eventually a manager got back to me from Sydney office. Found out what they needed (forgot to give them passport copy & medical insurance) and when I sent that I got my 457 in 1 hour! Grant came through 19/9/13.

I applied 9/8/13, had CO allocated on the 27/8/13 - had major issues as they asked for further documentation and I never received the email! Happened to check my application one day and found that 1 week had passed since information had been requested but no details. Sent emails, messages and even rang Australia House here, and eventually a manager got back to me from Sydney office. Found out what they needed (forgot to give them passport copy & medical insurance) and when I sent that I got my 457 in 1 hour! Grant came through 19/9/13.

You sent them via e-mail to case officer or attach the document to the system?

You sent them via e-mail to case officer or attach the document to the system?

Via email directly to my C.O, as that is what they requested.

You can add things to your application if you've forgotten though, as my internet connection failed during my first upload so I had to add things afterwards anyway. Search it on the immi website and you should find it.

Hi,

We lodged our 457 visa application on August 27th, my husband needed a medical because of his job which he had on Monday 2nd Sep. The medical results were available on Wed 4th Sep and we received our visas on Friday 6th September. So after the medical it was only 2 days. We used a visa agent who told us it could take up to 6 weeks.

Good luck

They replied but they have sent the standard mail.. that there is a backlog and it may take upto 12 weeks to assign you a case officer.

Ahhh, my email from the Melbourne office said it may take up to 8 weeks to assign a case officer. Tomorrow is 10 weeks waiting for me. I've had a case officer for a few weeks now, but he/she only works 2 days a week....!

I had my 457 visa application lodged on 15 Aug, health requirement come right after that. I've done everything so far, and the status was "health finalised" since 20/08...

My employer lodged their nomination and my visa applications at the same time. They are sponsoring a number of 457 already. I was told that I would need to wait up to 8 weeks, because I'm from a high risk country... :banghead: waiting is so hard...

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Not yet. But my employer told me that visa application lodged along with nomination application would normally be assigned a same CO. And to her experience, VISA would be granted in the same day nomination approved. She will know as soon as the nomination is approved through email notification, and she will let me know.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Thats gud to know.. but in my case.. even sponsorship for the company is not approved yet.. we applied sponsorship nomination and visa together on 26 august. Till.now sponsorship is also not approved. This is the first sponsorship for the company. So technically this is the fifth week and none of things have moved a bit. I dont know how long this whole process is going to take..