457 Visa processing time - August 2013

HeadingtoAus

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All, I have been following this thread for the past couple of weeks and we got our visas approved today so thought i would post the timeline for your info:

My company sponsorship and nomination application was submitted on the same day as the visa application on 7th Nov and approved on 27th Nov.

[TABLE=class: tablecolour, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%]Application[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%] 457 Business Long Stay Primary

[/TD]

[TD=width: 10%] [/TD]

[TD=width: 15%] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%] 07/11/2013 [/TD]

[TD=width: 60%] Application received - processing commenced [/TD]

[TD=width: 15%]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%] Application fee received [/TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%] View your receipt details [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 4] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%] Person 1 [/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%] 29/11/2013 [/TD]

[TD=width: 60%] Applicant Approved [/TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 4]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%] Person 2

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Hi All, I have been following this thread for the past couple of weeks and we got our visas approved today so thought i would post the timeline for your info:

My company sponsorship and nomination application was submitted on the same day as the visa application on 7th Nov and approved on 27th Nov.

[TABLE=class: tablecolour, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%]Application[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%] 457 Business Long Stay Primary

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%] Application received - processing commenced [/TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%] Application fee received [/TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%] View your receipt details [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 4] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%] Person 1 [/TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 4]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%] Person 2

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Congrats mate

My situation is kinda similar as well. I applied in August as well, CO was assigned on oct 24 but the companies sponsorship expired in nov 12. So i don't know what is going to happen now, how did you contact your CO. When i called i was just referred to the general line.

Probably they will ask your employer to renew their sponsorship status.

We were contacted first, and the CO gave us her email and phone number.

Hi,

Yes I got case officer. The latest update from my CO is as follows:

"This is just an email to inform you what is happening with your application.

I have passed my decision onto my manager who is reviewing my decision and I will provide you with the decision as soon as it is available".

Have you got visa mate ?

Hi Mates,

I applied for 457 visa on 17, Sept 2013. Nomination approved on 16th Oct and medical check finalised on 30 Oct. I have provided them with all necessary documents ( my medical registration). Now still waiting for approval.It has been 11 weeks now. According to my CO, my health, security and character checks are being done by other agencies. I dont understand why it is taking too long for those checks although I have provided them with police recommendations as well.

Very frustrated and worried.

Do you find any reason if my visa will be rejected?

Is there anyone here in the same situation with me?

Please reply me.

Hi Mates,

I applied for 457 visa on 17, Sept 2013. Nomination approved on 16th Oct and medical check finalised on 30 Oct. I have provided them with all necessary documents ( my medical registration). Now still waiting for approval.It has been 11 weeks now. According to my CO, my health, security and character checks are being done by other agencies. I dont understand why it is taking too long for those checks although I have provided them with police recommendations as well.

Please reply me.

We are same mate .

I lodged my 457 visa application on 28 June . Nomination was approved on 31 May . I submitted all documents . But still waiting visa .

So don't worry mate . You are not alone . Look at mine application .....

Good luck ...

Hi Ko Ko,

I think you are also doctor by profession like me. I applied for my visa on 25th August. Contacted by my case officer on 7th November. Health assessment finalised on 18th Sept. Sponsorship has just been approved and still waiting for my nomination and visa approval. I am just wondering once th CO 28 days timeframe is over how long does it take to get application approval. Hope we all get visa really soon.

And best of luck for pavy as well. Don't lose hope and things would be fine soon

Hi Mates,

Please reply me.

Hi Ko Ko,

I think you are also doctor by profession like me. I applied for my visa on 25th August. Contacted by my case officer on 7th November. Health assessment finalised on 18th Sept. Sponsorship has just been approved and still waiting for my nomination and visa approval. I am just wondering once th CO 28 days timeframe is over how long does it take to get application approval. Hope we all get visa really soon.

And best of luck for pavy as well. Don't lose hope and things would be fine soon

I got update on 4 October " application being processed further" means I got case officer that day . But no one contact me yet .

Which date you got update " being processed further " ?

Hi Ko Ko,

Which type of information case officer asked you , first time when he contacted you ?

I was asked to get my medicals done along with birth certificates of me and my family plus character assessment form and was given 28 days timeframe to provide all these information. Now 28 days time is over today and I really dont know how long it will take to get my application approved. Also I want to know do CO really mind if I ask him regarding further processing time?

Thanks

Which type of information case officer asked you , first time when he contacted you ?

I was asked to get my medicals done along with birth certificates of me and my family plus character assessment form and was given 28 days timeframe to provide all these information. Now 28 days time is over today and I really dont know how long it will take to get my application approved. Also I want to know do CO really mind if I ask him regarding further processing time?

Thanks

You can ask him about processing time . It's your right . If my case officer give me his /her contact details . I will would definitely ask him about my visa processing time .

Thanks

I believe that you will get visa before Friday

Hi Mo Mo and Pavy

I m a doctor, going to work as a GP in rural Victoria. I have got my medical registration in Sept.

Now still waiting for 457 visa approval.

Have you got any idea why it is taking too long?

It is really frustrating. All my friends who applied for 457 got the visa granted within 6 weeks.

Where are you going to work in Australia? In which office, is your visa being processed? Mine is in Melbourne office.

If you got any information, please keep me updated?

Wish you good luck!!!

Best Regards,

Ko Ko