Hottest year on record for Australia.

Guest Guest66881

Guest Guest66881

If you have been climbing under the doona this winter only to experience the hot sweats, you're probably not alone.

The Bureau of Meteorology (BoM) announced on Tuesday that Australians have experienced the hottest 12-months on record, with a host of historical highs toppled.

The average temperature was 22.9C from September 2012 to August this year - 1.11C above the 1961-1990 average.

Check out the latest weather forecast in your area

And it hasn't just been in the red centre either.

The uncharacteristic warmth has been felt across the entire continent with no regions registering below-average temperatures.

January 7 has now taken top position as the hottest summer day on record.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/latest/a/-/latest/18770632/australia-has-warmest-year-on-record-bom/

Guest Guest66881

Yeah same here for us this year, really wet this autumn/winter (good but weird), nights have been very cold some have been icy cold but the days if not wet have been very nice, almost very warm, summers going to be a torture i fear this year:wideeyed:

Yeah same here for us this year, really wet this autumn/winter (good but weird), nights have been very cold some have been icy cold but the days if not wet have been very nice, almost very warm, summers going to be a torture i fear this year:wideeyed:

I think summers the worst season in perth.. I fear it's going to be boiling this one coming. Sit in with the air on on all day

Guest Guest66881

More over the nights for us so hot and sticky, the dry hot days we are getting used to, but boy those sultry nights with crickets chattering in the back ground do my fruit in, still love it here though.

I find it worst than rain.. You sweat your nuts off, burn to death and constantly dehydrated.

Shows how we differ,lol,,

I like the rain here, well i can tolerate it better here, wouldn't say i love it,lol.

I would rather it hammer it down like something you could never imagine for a few hours a day for a week than that crappy drizzle all day every day for days on end in the UK. Each to their own....

Cal x

It's interesting what people who have always lived in Brisbane say about how the weather has changed. I got a taste 7 years ago - Hot summer days followed by storm at tea time then a nice evening. I quite liked that! Summer for me least favourite too - but I just treat it like a UK winter - something to be endured and a price to pay for lovely weather at other times. Mind you in UK for 5 months and its been pretty near perfect

I see Adelaide's going to be 30 tomorrow.. Their in for a nasty one this summer too.. It's just too hot for too long down under

30 isn't hot. No idea what you're on about.....

I find it worst than rain.. You sweat your nuts off, burn to death and constantly dehydrated.

People are ony dehydrated when they don't drink. Give water a try, it's quite something when you get used to it...

Lovely weather this last couple of days- perfect. If it is 30 in Adelaide we usually get it 4 days later! I like it up to 35C personally but after that, too hot. Still better than the dreary grey weather we used to get in the UK though. I used to find it most depressing but, hey ho, we're all different.

No I'm saving it for ya as your run out of it within a decade

Just built a new dam, already 20.1% full, so I don't really think that's going to happen. Some poms...................

Guest Guest66881

30c is hot and you know that mate, 40c is bloody horrid if you are out working in it, 30c is not nice to be honest no matter how much water you drink.

30c is hot and you know that mate, 40c is bloody horrid if you are out working in it, 30c is not nice to be honest no matter how much water you drink.

Rubbish. 30C is a nice comfortable day here with next to zero humidity. Maybe in Perth it's different, it definitely is in Brisbane and Darwin.

Didn't actually reach 30 here in Adelaide though :no:. And it wasn't sunny so didn't feel that hot. I actually considered putting my cardigan on walking for the bus after work today as there was a bit of a breeze. I've quite liked being warm these last few days but it looks like we are back to maximums of 17-20 from tomorrow so I shall be back in my long sleeve tops and thick black tights.

Archived