People in Perth/WA Oct-Jan

Ilona Reynolds

I thought I'd start a separate thread for people in Perth/WA October this year to Jan next year, as posts can get a bit lost in the big meetup thread.

So I get to Perth on 29th October and am planning on staying in WA until the first week of Jan (when I'm probably going to head to NZ for a couple of weeks). I'd like to do a bit of travelling around WA while I'm there. Probably up to Exmouth and down to the vineyards. No solid plans or ways of getting there though. I'm staying with some friends in Perth so not really going to meet people through hostels initially.

If anyone fancies a meeting up for a beer an an explore let me know. I'm quite up for checking out some local gigs too so if you're into music even better. I'm mainly rock/metal but to be honest I'll give anything a listen once.

I'd be happy to meet up with you when you arrive. I'm flying out on Wednesday (4th Sept) so will (hopefully) have settled in by the time you arrive. I'm planning on staying in Perth until new year as well, looking for work almost as soon as I get there. I'm also into rock music so a beer and a gig sounds good.

If you want to send a PM to me to make any arrangements please let me know :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys

I arrive on the 29th October too and will be staying just outside of Perth with family for a few months. I also wont be doing the hostels and was a little apprehensive about meeting new people as I want to travel a bit too. So yeah I'm up for meeting also :)

Maybe see you soon

Emma

You're not going to find much in the way of gigs to go to in Perth - you might be lucky but it's one of the reasons we headed back to the UK and we are just loving it. We'll probably see more bands in this last 3 months on 2013 than we saw in five years in Perth.

If you're back in Australia around March you should see if you can fit in Soundwave though

http://soundwavefestival.com/lineup

You're not going to find much in the way of gigs to go to in Perth - you might be lucky but it's one of the reasons we headed back to the UK and we are just loving it. We'll probably see more bands in this last 3 months on 2013 than we saw in five years in Perth.

If you're back in Australia around March you should see if you can fit in Soundwave though

http://soundwavefestival.com/lineup

Your kidding, we've seen more live music in Perth in 10 months than we saw in the last 5 years in the UK !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I guess it depends what you like, I was responding specifically to the OP's tastes in rock/metal.

It also depends were you live in the UK, I am close to both Glasgow and Edinburgh. When I lived in Ashford, Kent for 3 years I struggled a bit, as I really needed to go into London and the last train home was 11ish. That was probably the only place I disliked living more than Perth :)

Compared to Glasgow the Perth live music scene is pants!

I dont know how good it is in Glasgow but it's not too bad in Perth WeegieDave, I've seen the Foo Fighters, Deep Purple and some good bands at 2 Blues and Roots Festivals. I'm going to miss The Cult though as I'll still be at home but I've got my ticket for Soundwave in March. Love live music and I've heard there are pubs which have bands on, haven't explored them yet, maybe when I (hopefully) get a job and make some friends! My OH isn't really bothered!

To be honest I'm not necessarily looking for big bands. More local stuff. From my experience everywhere has some kind of scene, it doesn't have to be huge. I'm going to Melbourne at the end of Jan though so expect more there.

You'll be fine there is lots going on, some people just like to have a moan , try the Rosemount Hotel

http://www.rosemounthotel.com.au/

I thought I'd start a separate thread for people in Perth/WA October this year to Jan next year, as posts can get a bit lost in the big meetup thread.

So I get to Perth on 29th October and am planning on staying in WA until the first week of Jan (when I'm probably going to head to NZ for a couple of weeks). I'd like to do a bit of travelling around WA while I'm there. Probably up to Exmouth and down to the vineyards. No solid plans or ways of getting there though. I'm staying with some friends in Perth so not really going to meet people through hostels initially.

If anyone fancies a meeting up for a beer an an explore let me know. I'm quite up for checking out some local gigs too so if you're into music even better. I'm mainly rock/metal but to be honest I'll give anything a listen once.

There is a Blues club in Perth, here is a snippet from one of there news letters.

This email contains graphics, so if you don't see them, click here to view it online <http://www.perthbluesclub.com/index.php?option=com_acymailing&ctrl=archive&task=view&mailid=80&key=b6f9e23f4452f48ea41a1ff00a8f8e1b&subid=839-bc6879f7ec3f0f1751a60965a85a2fc5> .

Perth Blues Club

Supporting the finest local, national & international blues music

Tuesday nights @ The Charles Hotel

509 Charles St, North Perth Phone (08) 9444 1051

Monday, 08 October 2012

Hi Paul

The next two weeks sees two great shows grace the stage of the Perth Blues Club. The first celebrates the music of BB King and Howlin' Wolf and the second is The Festival of the Fret, our annual celebration of the guitar.

And if that's not enough ... read on!

Contents

John Lee Hooker and Howlin' Wolf Special continues PBC 20th year celebrations

Festival of the Fret 2012

PBC Twentieth Birthday Bash Round-Up + photo gallery

What ever happened to Nathan Cavaleri?

Coming Soon

_____

Might be a place you could catch some decent rock/blues. I saw the Black Keys there before they were famous. Great venue to see them as it's not big and we were able to get right to the front of the stage. Best band I'd seen in years, ears were ringing for days after.

The new entertainment centre opened in Perth last year and they have had some good bands on. Seen Elton John, Neil Young (with Crazyhorse so heavy metal stuff), Nickelback at that venue. Foo Fighters played at NIB stadium, missed that one but a friend of mine said it's the best concert he had been to. We went to see Erik Clapton there a few years ago and he was great. Very good musicians in his band too.

There are loads of bands on in pubs and lots of free outdoor concerts. Maybe not famous bands and a lot of them local, but heaps to see.

I dont know how good it is in Glasgow but it's not too bad in Perth WeegieDave, I've seen the Foo Fighters, Deep Purple and some good bands at 2 Blues and Roots Festivals. I'm going to miss The Cult though as I'll still be at home but I've got my ticket for Soundwave in March. Love live music and I've heard there are pubs which have bands on, haven't explored them yet, maybe when I (hopefully) get a job and make some friends! My OH isn't really bothered!

Thanks Lindor. We've just got back from a holiday in the UK so will have to check up on the Cult tickets. Forgot to mention I've also seen Pearl Jam at Subi Oval since I've been here. Another great outdoor concert.

Archived