Evidence of DeFacto relationship

flatpack

We are now in the process of uploading our docs for our visa app. Can anyone give me a list of docs to prove a defacto relationship?

Here's what we have:

Joint bank statements going back 3 years

Council Tax bill in both names (Most utility companies refused to change from one name to two)

Water Bill

Copies of car insurance in both names (3 years worth)

Evidence of flights taken together to Oz

A child at 13 months old

Some photos from old holidays

We have been together over 18 years and lived together for 15.

We are trying to front load so when (if we haven't already) got a CO the decision is easy.

Thanks

Guest GeorgeD

A child is one piece of the jigsaw puzzle. The more pieces you have, the more complete the picture comes. It's a big piece, but still just a piece. You will need more evidence, which by the sounds of it you have anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it. Use any other bills such as the utility bills even in just one name...if one of you pays the gas bill and another pays the phone bill, then both bills will be to the same address...this shows you live together, even if the bill isn't in both names (for reasons that suit the provider for example, so not your fault)

The child is a big piece of the puzzle, but you need more evidence just like GeorgeD said.

Upload everything you have listed above. Also, if you have utility bills in just one name send it too, because they need to see you have the same adress. My partner and I have received 189 visa in June and our CO requested gas, water, phone bills but only for past six month period (some where in my name, and some in his). We have also uploaded some older and some recent photos, plane tickets and booking confirmations for the trips, confirmation from our gym we are both members. I wrote the statutory declaration where I have described course of our relationship since we met until today. We have also sent property purchase agreement for our flat and scanned first two pages of our passports (because the address is visible on it).

Having a child is not a foregone conclusion :( I have a friend that was applying when we applied for Spouse visa..they had been together for 10 years.... she was aussie his was english....... married for 8 years and a 7 year old child..... refused spouse visa!!! we go ours I was gutted for them.....did appeal go no where.

Having a child is not a foregone conclusion :( I have a friend that was applying when we applied for Spouse visa..they had been together for 10 years.... she was aussie his was english....... married for 8 years and a 7 year old child..... refused spouse visa!!! we go ours I was gutted for them.....did appeal go no where.

Lordy. Did they have a reason for why the Spouse Visa was refused?

Hi,

How come you are going back 3 years? We are going through Go Matilda, we have been together 6 years and have a nearly 2 year old, all we have been asked for is at least 10 documents from the last 12 months of things in both our names, council tax, utility bills, tax credits letter etc etc. Plus passports and birth certificates for myself and our daughter as my partner is the main applicant.

I thought we would have to provide documents from as early as we can but we got told no, just from the past 12 months.

Thanks

Hi,

How come you are going back 3 years? We are going through Go Matilda, we have been together 6 years and have a nearly 2 year old, all we have been asked for is at least 10 documents from the last 12 months of things in both our names, council tax, utility bills, tax credits letter etc etc. Plus passports and birth certificates for myself and our daughter as my partner is the main applicant.

I thought we would have to provide documents from as early as we can but we got told no, just from the past 12 months.

Thanks

Is that for Defacto visa? Your partner or you being Australian and sponsoring the other one?

Hi,

Thanks

GoMatilda are usually spot-on - are you sure you haven't misunderstood them? The reason I ask is that if you have been defacto or married for 2 years or more and have a child together, or 3 years or more without a child, you qualify to go straight to permanent residency. If your relationship has been defacto for that long and you have evidence of that it would definitely be in your best interest to provide it, IMO.

wow i always thought mine was a formality, married for 3 years, together for 5 and 2 kids. wonder why it was refused especially after appeal!

to ythe OP we provided pretty much the same as you did. invites past present and future and statements from friends and family

Do you know why they were turned down...?

Is that for Defacto visa? Your partner or you being Australian and sponsoring the other one?

No it's the skilled 190 but our relationship is considered de facto as we're not married before we lodge the visa

I think the Visa that is being discussed in this thread is the Defacto one which has specific rules around evidence required etc. The Skilled 190 is completely different and so the evidence is different. With the Defacto/Spouse visa, one partner is an Australian PR/Citizen already and sponsors the other to enter Aus.

For clarification the thread was started by me who has applied for a 189 visa

I haven't misunderstood I have the email requesting the info. Think there is some confusion here as you definitely don't qualify for automatic residency on 190.

Guest GeorgeD

Right, this makes a difference...the spouse visa needs 3 years of evidence for a PR visa to be issued immediately. Other visas only need 12 months evidence to prove a defacto relationship...so if you give three years, then that's even better than you need to give.

Thanks for clarifying that.

Right, this makes a difference...the spouse visa needs 3 years of evidence for a PR visa to be issued immediately. Other visas only need 12 months evidence to prove a defacto relationship...so if you give three years, then that's even better than you need to give.

Thanks George

Archived