Tax return cost

chris 32

Hey all just in the process of doing my tax return this year. Before I did it I rang my accountant and asked the cost. I was informed $180.

Today I got an e mail back from them with attachments to sign to process my return. Their bill was also attached for a total of $440.

I have rang them up since and am waiting for someone to call me back.

Does this sound right it was a simple tax return 3 employers through the year and no other sources of income. Seems like a rip off to me.

Cheers Chris.

I only paid 80. Mine was straight forward. Single income (which is the salary) & wife's not employed.

$80? Are you getting all the advice you need, because for $80 that's clearly not a lot of time spent on your tax affairs by someone who is a registered tax agent ...

Best regards.

So I had a chat with them earlier. They said that a standard return is $180 but because I had 2 redundancy payments from employers.

Also they said they had to work out how many work related kilometres I could claim for it pushed the price up. Still seems a bit much though.

So I had a chat with them earlier. They said that a standard return is $180 but because I had 2 redundancy payments from employers.

Also they said they had to work out how many work related kilometres I could claim for it pushed the price up. Still seems a bit much though.

Shouldn't they have found out about these complications before they gave you a quote?

Archived