Proof that you cannot beat the UK

Perthbum

No one is going abroad this year which proves that the UK is the best place for a holiday.... Did anyone seriously ever drought it.:biggrin:

Deputy chief executive Howard Millar said there had been a "weakness" in late bookings this summer, which were normally "the cream" for Ryanair, as he blamed the hot weather keeping people from wanting to book a holiday abroad. He said average fares would have been almost 10% higher without the heatwave, adding: "Our cream will be a little thinner. We'll just have to get by."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2013/jul/29/ryanair-profits-hit-uk-heatwave

It's shite.

Everyone's skint.

:laugh:What a ridiculous statement! Sorry PB but we do holiday mostly OS!We stay in the UK during summer,and jet off in the colder months!Bliss laying on a Sri Lankan beach,when its freezing back home!:cute:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

The UK is a great place when the suns out, it was like this the last time we had a great summer in 1976 people staying in the country for their holidays and I predict it will be like this again in 2050 when we have the next great summer in another 37 years. YEAH BABY YEAH.

The UK is a great place when the suns out, it was like this the last time we had a great summer in 1976 people staying in the country for their holidays and I predict it will be like this again in 2050 when we have the next great summer in another 37 years. YEAH BABY YEAH.

The UK is a great place full stop.....rain or shine.

I do love the UK,but I also love packing,going to the airport,the flights,and then landing in aanother country,with a completely different culture.As much as I love Australia,I spent 30 yrs holidaying in that country,and yearned for some new experiences.!Travelling is one of our passions!Been to some truly amazing places.

Seems that a lot of people emigrate for it though.....judging by this forum:laugh:

Should of known you would pop up saying something like that. Tbh i couldnt care what other peoples reasons are for emigrating. Im just saying most people wouldnt spend a year or a few months thinking they want to go somewhere specific and then change their minds after a few weeks of sunshine here. Maybe they'll keep their money and go in the winter instead

Some of the flights have been fairly expensive too, my aunt and uncle have a place in italy so they go there in a few weeks time, my cousin and her boyfriend were supposed to be going but hadnt booked their flights yet. When they looked they all seemed to be over £250 for a week when usually they get them a lot cheaper even in the summer. So now they've found a good deal in greece and going there instead.

Considering most people book their holidays months in advanced I doubt the weather changed anything

Do they book that far in advance? When we used to go we would always book maybe a week before we went to get the specials. A lot of the time you didn't know what hotel you were going to get until you got to the place. All part of the fun.

Some of the flights have been fairly expensive too, my aunt and uncle have a place in italy so they go there in a few weeks time, my cousin and her boyfriend were supposed to be going but hadnt booked their flights yet. When they looked they all seemed to be over £250 for a week when usually they get them a lot cheaper even in the summer. So now they've found a good deal in greece and going there instead.

We found that when we had the timeshare in Portugal. You could get an all inclusive 2 weeks somewhere, with a decent hotel for the price of a flight when trying to book yourself. Must be that the travel agencies get a huge discount on flights. Or maybe the hotels subsidise the air fair so they fill up?

Archived