Eoi next round

Vikingandy

Ok cheers thought I might have got one I submitted on 29th June with 60 points

From the 1 July results - no one with 60 points were invited.

It might be a bit of a wait - what is your occupation, 190 might be the better one to go for, or if you haven't done it yet consider boosting points with IELTS.

Hey guys,

Just out of curiosity, do you have to pay a fee at the time of submitting an EOI? I've currently applied for an 835 visa and I'm sick and tired of waiting for it. I'm seriously considering applying for an 189.

no, you do not need to pay when you submit an EOI. You only pay them when they invited you and you applied for a visa. If your occupation is on the shortage list, and you meet all other requirements, then subclass 189 may be your best bet.

no, you do not need to pay when you submit an EOI. You only pay them when they invited you and you applied for a visa. If your occupation is on the shortage list, and you meet all other requirements, then subclass 189 may be your best bet.

Hi nomadgreen,

just windering where r u upto after anmac assessment?

i lodged my eoi with 60 pts on 24 jun ,but nothing heard so far,,,i believe that the 2nd round of invitation would also have been finished today.do u think there is any hope of getting invitation later in this week or should wait fr the next round of following month

I too submitted my eoi middle of June 60 points - no word yet. From looking around web people seem to be saying there is a big backlog of occupations that had reached their ceiling and have now been reopened since 1st July. Jobs like system analyst etc... I have seen a few people who have submitted way before me haven't been invited yet. So I am guessing I am far down the queue , going to apply for state sponsorship

Guest Chr1s07

I find myself in a similar position to the above poster. Although I only submitted my EOI on 7/07/2013.

Is there any way of knowing roughly how long before you will be invited on 60 points? The report from the last round is showing all 65 point invites. Therefore I can only assume the 60 pointers will be backing up considerably.

I am tempted to apply for state sponsorship for NSW and give myself 65 points. However, this looks like it can take around 12 weeks to process. Can anyone confirm if you wait 12 weeks to be nominated and only then do you start your visa application( subsequently a further 12 week wait for a Case Officer to be allocated).

I reckon if I opt for state sponsorship there is a real chance I will have my 189 invite before or around the time it will take to receive a nomination for state sponsorship?

Im on a 457 right now, but need to leave my job ASAP. Therefore the quickst route to PR is needed.

Hi Chr1s07

I had applied previously for state sponsorship to Victoria - got accepted but was unable to take it up at that time. I plan to reapply now. I know it did take about 10 weeks before. I think the 12 weeks is the longest it will take. Probably different states maybe quicker.

My understanding is once you get sponsorship you are then automatically invited to apply for 190 visa, so you can not apply until then.

You would have nothing to lose by applying for state sponsorship and if it comes through before your invite for 189 happy days but if your invite for 189 comes first you just accept that invitation.

It is hard to know how many back logged 60 points they have in the system. Will be interesting to see the reports for 15/7 round to see if anyone with 60 points got an invite.

Fingers crossed for you - nothing worse than being in a job you don't want to be in.

i think what's happening right now was the same as to what happened last year. Because the number of slots for all SOL occupations are still open, there's a high probability that those who weren't qualified for the year 2012-13 due to occupation restrictions are now qualified. Thus, those with 60 points may have to wait for few invitation rounds before getting invited. And as time passes by, those with 60 points accumulate in number and those who applied later will have to wait longer. If last year's trend is the same as this year, we will see most 60 points getting invited around October. But this year may be different, nobody knows.

Good luck to all.

Thanks nomadgreen.

Where can I find the ceilings info?

I'm looking at migrating to WA and am at the early stage (skilld being assessed) of my process. Looks like lots of people are looking to migrate to WA and may have a longer wait than normal for me on 189 visa.

Thanks nomadgreen.

Where can I find the ceilings info?

I'm looking at migrating to WA and am at the early stage (skilld being assessed) of my process. Looks like lots of people are looking to migrate to WA and may have a longer wait than normal for me on 189 visa.

here's all the info for SkillSelect. Just play around the site and you'll find what you need.

I'm not sure about WA as I'm in NSW. But hopefully, by the time you finish your skills assessment, the 189 will receive less applicants and all those with 60 points will be invited.

Archived