457 visa July 2013 processing time

Raghav

Hello Everyone,

I was just looking for some info around the processing time for 457 applications lodged post 1st July 2013 changes.

I had my application went in at 5th July and haven't heard other than "Application being processed further" message on 11th July. Did my medics on 4th July and heard they have sent around 10th July. I am from India.

If anyone who had applied 457 in the month of July 2013 and have witnessed the application moving, please share us some info.

I am also not sure if the recent changes will hold up the application processing time. If yes, any idea how much would it be?

Thanks.

BR,

Raghav

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your reply Rupert. I agree, it has been only 2 weeks since it has been lodged. Couldn't find much information on the latest processing time and experiences from people specifically after the 457 amendments :smile:

Thanks for your reply Rupert. I agree, it has been only 2 weeks since it has been lodged. Couldn't find much information on the latest processing time and experiences from people specifically after the 457 amendments :smile:

I don't know if it's a useful guide but we applied on 18th June and haven't heard a thing yet..... We shouldn't need medicals and should be a very straight forward visa! Hoping to hear something soon.

Thanks Lou for our reply.

Have found mixed responses on the "Application being processed further" message - from that of a 'CO assigned' to 'nope you are still in the queue'.

What does your status page read?

Thanks Lou for our reply.

Have found mixed responses on the "Application being processed further" message - from that of a 'CO assigned' to 'nope you are still in the queue'.

What does your status page read?

I can't read a status page, we are using a Migration Agent assigned by the sponsoring company. We just have to sit and wait! (Although it's probably a good thing. If we had access, I would probably check it 100 times a day!!)

I can't read a status page, we are using a Migration Agent assigned by the sponsoring company. We just have to sit and wait! (Although it's probably a good thing. If we had access, I would probably check it 100 times a day!!)

Yes and that is wat I am doing exactly :smile:

Nope, not from me either :( I suggest you can enter your details here https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/query/queryStatus.do?action=contact to get the TRN e-mailed to you. Probably you can then track it online and see where it is. Once you've got your TRN this link would be useful: https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/query/query.do?action=eVisa

Also haven't heard from any applicants who have lodged in June/July and had them granted recently..

Any idea how I can find out how long mine is likely to take?! or any ways to speed it up? Employer started the application end of May, I submitted a month ago, I was asked for some more information which I gave straight away and now haven't heard anything at all despite emailing. I don't need a medical. I then attached my degree certificate, as I graduated yesterday (previously I just had my results from the university that I had passed and was due to graduate, plus the requirements to register in NSW showing I'd be eligible (I'm a vet).) I have a flight booked for Monday which I'm going to put back (employers wanted me to begin 29th) but I don't know how long to put it back by, and have to pay £100 each time I change.

Other option was to go over and do some travelling in NZ which waiting for my visa... But I can only afford this for a few weeks, not if it's going to be ages. Any advice much appreciated! I'm getting a bit anxious as it's my dream job and don't want this to run on too long

Any idea how I can find out how long mine is likely to take?! or any ways to speed it up? Employer started the application end of May, I submitted a month ago, I was asked for some more information which I gave straight away and now haven't heard anything at all despite emailing. I don't need a medical. I then attached my degree certificate, as I graduated yesterday (previously I just had my results from the university that I had passed and was due to graduate, plus the requirements to register in NSW showing I'd be eligible (I'm a vet).) I have a flight booked for Monday which I'm going to put back (employers wanted me to begin 29th) but I don't know how long to put it back by, and have to pay £100 each time I change.

Other option was to go over and do some travelling in NZ which waiting for my visa... But I can only afford this for a few weeks, not if it's going to be ages. Any advice much appreciated! I'm getting a bit anxious as it's my dream job and don't want this to run on too long

Seems they are all taking different amounts of time at the minute, I don't know what makes some speedier than others. A few (seemingly) similar applications have been submitted around the same time, some have been granted after 2 or 3 weeks, others are still waiting 4 or 5 weeks on!

Thanks for the info. I just can't stand how I know nothing and they won't give any indication of timing etc. Getting very worried this is going to take a long time and my job might not want me any more as it's fairly seasonal work... I wish they'd just tell me if they have everything they need from me - I'm a bit unsure if attaching colour scans is enough, or do I need to be posting certified copies? Now I have my degree is it worth getting a letter or similar from the veterinary registering authority confirming I will be registered and allowed to practice? Sorry for the many questions - feeling a bit alone with everything!

Great to see all you guys here..

Hi , i am Karthik, from India

i have submitted my 457 visa application through my MA yesterday cool.gif

25/07/2013 Application received - processing commenced

25/07/2013 Application fee received

25/07/2013 X ray required rolleyes.gif

Going by what i have seen here so far , i guess i would have to wait for at least 4 weeks redface.gif

Hi everyone

In a bit of a odd situation; on 457, OH was let go by employer, tried to get new sponsor, no luck. Several people suggested setting up own company to self-sponsor. Got advice from MA that it was legal, doable, reasonable etc. Have done all the right things, gotten ABN, bought a UTE, written cash flow, committed to training, job offers, etc etc. MA lodged SBS application on 27 June, with nomination for position for OH. Nomination for OH would just be a change of employer, ie not a new visa, just a change. MA has just been in touch requesting some revised / some new docs bearing in mind new regulations (very very unfair to apply 1 July rules retrospectively - I doubt DIAC would allow Joe Bloggs to use lower points, for example, or an occupation from a previous SOL, very unfair... but I digress).... waiting to get a CO assigned.

I'm very very anxious. OH can't work till our firm is accepted as new SBS and until change of employer is effected. Our funds are running low, the prospective business he has lined up might go elsewhere if he can't start working, I have a job offer in a local school for a year but I would be absolutely mortified if I had to say no to the job, he wants to take on Aus workers, but he can't until he knows that the business can start trading... a very distressing place to be... the children are in school, and we are totally immersed in the community here.

It's over 28 days since the paperwork was lodged by MA and not even a CO assigned. I'm just so stressed out. Anyone know how long this might all take?

Hi everyone, been following this thread for a few weeks so just wanted to introduce ourselves. Myself, my husband to be (getting married in 3 weeks) and two children are relocating to Geelong, Victoria. Our MA lodged our 457 application on the 25/6 and we are still waiting, as most of you are too I see. Application is still saying 'processing commenced' so I guess we'll be waiting a while longer yet! Is it right that the applications have to be processed within 2 months? Good luck to everyone still waiting, hopefully it won't be too much longer :)

Hi everyone, been following this thread for a few weeks so just wanted to introduce ourselves. Myself, my husband to be (getting married in 3 weeks) and two children are relocating to Geelong, Victoria. Our MA lodged our 457 application on the 25/6 and we are still waiting, as most of you are too I see. Application is still saying 'processing commenced' so I guess we'll be waiting a while longer yet! Is it right that the applications have to be processed within 2 months? Good luck to everyone still waiting, hopefully it won't be too much longer :)

Hi and good luck with your application! I don't know about a 2 month rule but someone else might be able to say?

Got the visa granted today..the processing time is within 2 weeks.. Thanks to my wonderful Case officer :-) :hug:

Hi Raghav

would you be kind enough to post your timeline for the same >? Also which stream is your work related to ?

Many Thanks

Karthik