457 visa July 2013 processing time

Raghav

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello!

I don't know if you got your visa by now?

I applied just before the changes of 1st July 2013. All medicals were received and processed by 17th of July.

My application is still under process.

I heard from my agent that the processing times were longer due to those changes.

Good luck!

Got my visa granted today :biglaugh:

..curiously i Didnt get a " Application processed further" Message after 'processing commenced'... :laugh:

[TABLE=class: tablecolour, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%]25/07/2013[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Application received - processing commenced[/TD]

[TD=width: 10%][/TD]

[TD=width: 15%][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%]25/07/2013[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Application fee received[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%]16/08/2013[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Applicant Approved

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Karthik

• 2 weeks later...

Yes interested to see when it gets approved - we lodged ours on August 1st also and we have been quoted that it could take 7 weeks - have you heard anything yet?

Hi All

lodged my application on 01 Aug 2013, medical completed 09 Aug 2013, now awaiting the decision....... I'm hoping to hear in the next 2 to 3 weeks. It's exciting stuff :)

good luck all

Danny

Yes my husband was supposed to start his job on Monday 2nd September- but we are still in the UK - Visa lodged August 1st and no word - from feedback we are getting form the visa agent we reckon it will take 7 weeks...all getting a tad stressful!

Seadog

not heard anything yet, will let you know if I hear anything. Let me know if you get any info back.

Like most, just want to know one way or the other, I'm suppose to start a new role on 01 oct with work down in Sydney......

• 2 weeks later...
Got my visa granted today :biglaugh:

..curiously i Didnt get a " Application processed further" Message after 'processing commenced'... :laugh:

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%]25/07/2013

[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Application received - processing commenced

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%]25/07/2013

[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Application fee received

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%]16/08/2013

[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Applicant Approved

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Karthik

Hi Karthik,

Did you get the 'medicals received' or 'medicals finalised' message in between. Or is it like you straightaway got the 'Applicant approved' message after 'Application received - processing commenced' ?

Because I lodged my application on 30th August and completed my medicals on 2nd September. But I don't see any update related to my medicals on the DIAC's system. Still it says 'Application received - processing commenced'.

Shall appreciate your response.

Thanks

Hi Guys..

I lodged my application on 30th August and completed my medics on 2nd September. I don't see any update in the system apart from 'Application received - processing commenced'. Has anyone have any idea whether DIAC updates the system after receiving the medicals promptly or is it like they update it after the CO is assigned?

Flights booked for 27th Sept with Qantas. They were reasonably priced for a one-way ticket and allow 30 kg. BA were twice the price. But does mean Gatwick - Dubai - Perth - Sydney

superman - from my limited experience, the medical status was updated the same day as we went to the clinic, as I believe they send the info automatically. Good luck!

Flights booked for 27th Sept with Qantas. They were reasonably priced for a one-way ticket and allow 30 kg. BA were twice the price. But does mean Gatwick - Dubai - Perth - Sydney

superman - from my limited experience, the medical status was updated the same day as we went to the clinic, as I believe they send the info automatically. Good luck!

Thanks for the info Dannydimple.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hello!

I don't know if you got your visa by now?

I applied just before the changes of 1st July 2013. All medicals were received and processed by 17th of July.

My application is still under process.

I heard from my agent that the processing times were longer due to those changes.

Good luck!

Have you got visa mate ?

• 2 months later...