457 visa July 2013 processing time

Raghav

Hey guys,

just normal enquiry whoever on 457 visa in Australia.when u go to overseas from Australia,do u guys inform immigration through sending email about your holidays or just take employers permission.

any response will be appericiated.

thanks

You can travel freely in and out of Australia on a 457 so you don't need to notify immigration about your travels.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can travel freely in and out of Australia on a 457 so you don't need to notify immigration about your travels.

Thank you so much for your help Maggie

but the thing is i called in immigration department and one of them said no need to inform unless more than 90 days but others say that will have to inform about holidays through sending email if its paid leave.As i said its not paid leave because i have been gratnted visa 2 weeks ago and now i am going for holidays they said that fine but notify us.

i m confused ???? but i read we have multiple travels but never mentioned to notify... Tell me your opinion or experience EVERYONE PLS..:rolleyes:

:rolleyes::chatterbox:

:chatterbox:TRA

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you so much for your help Maggie

but the thing is i called in immigration department and one of them said no need to inform unless more than 90 days but others say that will have to inform about holidays through sending email if its paid leave.As i said its not paid leave because i have been gratnted visa 2 weeks ago and now i am going for holidays they said that fine but notify us.

i m confused ???? but i read we have multiple travels but never mentioned to notify... Tell me your opinion or experience EVERYONE PLS..:rolleyes:

:rolleyes::chatterbox:

:chatterbox:TRA

I'm just going from what I've read, but I don't think you need to notify them of anything short of becoming unemployed. Perhaps a lengthy unpaid leave (eg. several months) would need to be advised but as long as you're still employed with your sponsor, even that may not be needed. If you want to be absolutely safe, you could email the CO who granted your visa with your name, grant number and advising you will be taking xx weeks unpaid holidays as you haven't yet been employed long enough to have earned enough paid leave, and want to confirm this will not affect the validity of your 457 visa.

• 2 months later...

Hey Guys

sorry for the sudden query

I am an IT professional and i work in an Multinational firm in india . I got my 457 visa approved last year through the same company . But i never travelled because the project for which i was proposed for, got scrapped at the last minute. I tried to find a new project in australia within my present company but in vain.

is it legally possible to change job to another company in australia (while being in india) ? even without travelling to australia once through my 457 visa ?

i would like to get another job in australia , change my nomination to new employer and use my existing 457 visa to travel . Is this possible ?

kindly let me know your expert opinion

Thanks