Car advice please

memmymooch

Hi guys opinions experiences please

am looking at purchasing car have budget of max 10k so have seen Nissan micra which is what I had in UK other contenders are a Hyundai Getz or Holden Barina- saw the Barina had some really bad reviews re reliability tho. Also the question arises older higher model car with reasonable Ks or newer base model with around same mileage. Cars are really old here and expensive for their age. Am based in Melbourne. Only want small car for economy and also terrible at parking lol

Guest Ptp113
Hi guys opinions experiences please

am looking at purchasing car have budget of max 10k so have seen Nissan micra which is what I had in UK other contenders are a Hyundai Getz or Holden Barina- saw the Barina had some really bad reviews re reliability tho. Also the question arises older higher model car with reasonable Ks or newer base model with around same mileage. Cars are really old here and expensive for their age. Am based in Melbourne. Only want small car for economy and also terrible at parking lol

How can a car be "old and expensive for its age?"

Just bumping it up,i'll leave it to those over there for real advice,the only thing i would say is that personally i was going to steer clear of European cars,was going to get Jap or Aussie

Dont worry about the parking troubles,youre a woman,its allowed...............

I've got a Honda Jazz, only passed my test in March and am not the greatest at parking but the Jazz makes it quite easy as it's nice and small on the outside but has the added bonus of being really roomy on the inside (back seats fold completely flat so even trips to Ikea aren't a problem). I paid $8300 for it and it's 10 years old although has been well looked after by the previous owner so doesn't show it's age. Have you browsed carsales.com.au? That's where I found my car and there's everything on there from brand new to vintage :-)

Also forgot to say, it's really great on fuel, around $50 to fill up and the best fuel economy I've ever got out of it was 6.9L per 100km

How can a car be "old and expensive for its age?"

How can a car be old have seen cars advertised from the 80s and 90s and still in same price bracket as cars from last few years and they weren't super luxery top of range just normal cars

Archived