allied pickfords has been sold & staff made redundant?

Guest 7gotooz

Guest 7gotooz

Hi everyone

I have been away, my Dad has been desperately ill & I flew to Durham in the worlds smallest plane (BMI) OMG I hope the ones to OZ are bigger! - I dont think I can keep my eyes closed for 22 hours!!

Anyway when Ive got back I had a letter from pickfords but OH says "dont use them" -he read that they have been sold off by their US owners & the staff has been made redundant & that they will not be the same any more?

Has anyone else read this ? I was really pleased with their response to our quote queries & they where my front runner for shipping at the moment.

Take care

Rachel

morning,

AP came and collected my stuff yesterday. they were excellent. my move manager sent me an email reference the rumours that i am more than happy to send you if you PM me your email address.

Adam

Hi everyone

I have been away, my Dad has been desperately ill & I flew to Durham in the worlds smallest plane (BMI) OMG I hope the ones to OZ are bigger! - I dont think I can keep my eyes closed for 22 hours!!

Anyway when Ive got back I had a letter from pickfords but OH says "dont use them" -he read that they have been sold off by their US owners & the staff has been made redundant & that they will not be the same any more?

Has anyone else read this ? I was really pleased with their response to our quote queries & they where my front runner for shipping at the moment.

Take care

Rachel

Guest 7gotooz
morning,

AP came and collected my stuff yesterday. they were excellent. my move manager sent me an email reference the rumours that i am more than happy to send you if you PM me your email address.

Adam

Hi Adam

I have sent you a PM

Thanks

Rachel

Adam what as actually happened as there was a thread on here saying they were going bust!!! im sure lots of guys will be interested,,

Cal

OK, I will cut and paste the email i got. and put some thoughts down. I await the tirade of abuse / comments!

BUSINESS AS USUAL AT PICKFORDS AND ALLIED PICKFORDS

"Business continues as usual at Pickfords and Allied Pickfords. The company is continuing to serve its customers without interruption, and its agreements with employees and all other business partners remain intact.

SIRVA is evaluating options for its U.K. moving business, including a sale. As the company considers its options, it is placing a high priority on ensuring that the company’s customers will continue to be serviced as they always have and employee jobs are preserved.

It is important to understand that SIRVA is still in the process of reviewing its options for the U.K. business and no course of action has been decided upon. If and when the company decides to move forward with a sale, a public announcement will be made."

About SIRVA, Inc.

SIRVA, Inc. is a leading provider of relocation solutions to a well-established and diverse customer base around the world. The Company handles all aspects of relocation, including home purchase and home sale services, household goods moving, mortgage services and home closing and settlement services. SIRVA conducts more than 300,000 relocations per year, transferring corporate and government employees along with individual consumers. SIRVA's well-recognized brands include Allied, Allied International, Allied Pickfords, Allied Special Products, DJK Residential, Global, northAmerican, northAmerican International, Pickfords, SIRVA Mortgage, SIRVA Relocation and SIRVA Settlement. More information about SIRVA can be found on the Company's Web site at

SIRVA | relocation redefined® - Providing Relocation and Moving Solutions to Consumers, Corporations, and Governments.

Forward-Looking Statements

This release includes forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements are not historical, but are made based on management’s current expectations and beliefs concerning future developments and their potential effects upon SIRVA, Inc. and its subsidiaries. There can be no assurance that future developments affecting the Company will be those anticipated by management. These forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of future performance and involve risks, uncertainties and other factors, including, without limitation: (i) the ability of the Company to continue as a going concern; (ii) the ability of the Company to obtain court approval for, and operate subject to, the terms of the DIP financing facility; (iii) the Company’s ability to obtain court approval with respect to motions in the Chapter 11 proceeding prosecuted by it from time to time; (iv) the ability of the Company to develop, prosecute, confirm and consummate one or more plans of reorganization with respect to the Chapter 11 cases, including a plan consistent with the terms set forth in the plan of reorganization; (v) risks associated with a termination of the agreement and financing availability; (vi) risks associated with third parties seeking and obtaining court approval to terminate or shorten the exclusivity period for the Company to propose and confirm one or more plans of reorganization, for the appointment of a Chapter 11 trustee or to convert the cases to Chapter 7 cases; (vii) the ability of the Company to obtain and maintain normal terms with customers, agents, and suppliers; (viii) the Company’s ability to maintain contracts and leases that are critical to its operations; and (ix) the potential adverse impact of the Chapter 11 cases on the Company’s liquidity or results of operations. Other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from these forward-looking statements include risks described under the caption “Risk Factors” and elsewhere in the Company’s 2006 Annual Report on Form 10-K and 2007 third quarter Quarterly Report of Form 10-Q. The Company does not intend, and is under no obligation, to update any particular forward-looking statement included in this release.

i replied to a post about this the other day. apparently people from crown were saying to someone on PIO that AP had gone bust. of course they are going to say that as competition as they know the power of word of mouth - esp on here!

none of the guys packing my stuff were worried about their jobs, and i have only had a professional service from AP.

i know the above is a stock statement from them - but they are a MASSIVE company - globaly - as are SIRVA, so the support network is there for whatever they do. i personally think that this is a sale situation where we as customers will notice very little change - the only people who will are the bankers and financers...

Naturally - i await correction and people telling me who they went with was better and why, etc. i am just putting this here for info for people. i don't work for AP or anything like that! i am not trying to justify why i used them, either - the Australian Embassy use AP to move everyone going across like me.

hope i have not bored you too much!!!!

Guest n-jayne-30

Hi guys , pickfords came today and i really liked them. At the end i did ask about them going bust and she said that it was not true. But i must say they are front runners for us, really professional!

Nicky xxxxxxxx

sounds to me if they give a good price i will still use them as you said its just going to be ownership that will change and probably no change in the side that the customer sees thank you for putting up the email if i had already booked them i wouldn't worry one little bit because the time if and when any sale goes through you will be sat at the side of your pool with a nice cool tinny after a hard days work it will take at least 12 months before they sell it.

So Don't Worry

Archived