Reasons to decline medicals or referred

Ozpom82

Is anybody willing to share their reasons for being declined on medical grounds, or if you were referred, then accepted.

Id like to hear all different views/cases as I dont think anyone would have the same issue as me, but your stories could give me an idea of my outcome.

I'm asking this, as I am concerned my medical may be referred for the following reason.

3 years ago I went into hospital for a minor operation, which went wrong resulting in me having Septicaemia and fluid building up on my left lung as a result of several abscesses. This required me to have open surgery twice.

I am fully better now, and have been for the last 3 years. Other than a kidney stone, that I have just had blasted this week.

Can anyone tell me if they was referred, or declined, for any of the things I have mentioned i.e scar tissue etc. As I have scar tissue around my stomach, and there may be scarring where my lung filled up with fluid.

Thanks for your replys

Is anybody willing to share their reasons for being declined on medical grounds, or if you were referred, then accepted.

Id like to hear all different views/cases as I dont think anyone would have the same issue as me, but your stories could give me an idea of my outcome.

I'm asking this, as I am concerned my medical may be referred for the following reason.

3 years ago I went into hospital for a minor operation, which went wrong resulting in me having Septicaemia and fluid building up on my left lung as a result of several abscesses. This required me to have open surgery twice.

I am fully better now, and have been for the last 3 years. Other than a kidney stone, that I have just had blasted this week.

Can anyone tell me if they was referred, or declined, for any of the things I have mentioned i.e scar tissue etc. As I have scar tissue around my stomach, and there may be scarring where my lung filled up with fluid.

Thanks for your replys

No expert on it,but i see a lot of posters on here saying its only declined if the would be migrant is expected(or likely)to be a long term drain or cost to the Aussie health care system,hopefully thats correct,i dont think you would be a drain going on what youre saying.

Its natural to worry about the meds,i did myself a bit tbh,but it wasnt that involved.

Theres a load of similar threads at the very bottom of your thread if you scroll right down,not sure if you know or not

Anyway,hopefully you'l be sound,all the best with it

Mine were refered for ages, I waited 7 months for my visa when it was taking 2 months for other spouse visas at the time.

I have epilepsy, have had brain surgery to remove part of my temporal lobe, take medication and will for life. And other smaller stuff like surgery on my knee twice.

I got my visa in the end by convincing them that I was not going to be a drain on Australia. Here is what my CO asked for....

Before giving an opinion on whether you meet the health requirement, HOC has asked that you provide the following further information:

A Current assessmenr by a neurologist is required regarding the applicant’s epilepsy please. Report dated 14/1/09 indicates Dr ****** was to review the applicant in February 2009. Please forward further report addressing physical examination findings, diagnosis, management needs (including surgery) for the next 5 years and prognosis.

They ask for 5 years because thats the period they assess costs over because you could reasonably be a citizen in that time when costs wont matter any more. I had already sent a letter from my GP and statutory declaration about my health and saying how I worked so would be liable for my own medication etc.

So I would advise including similar stuff before being asked.

The people I have seen declined have sadly been a lot of kids with development disorders, ASD conditions mainly. And one person who was taking super expensive drugs for a kidney problem, there may be others but you I cant remember.

Its all about the cost of your potential treatment including expensive medications, welfare payments, social care support etc.

haha, no I didnt see them. Thanks for your reply

Easy done mate,takes a while finding yer way around the site and its little quirks,no probs,i think you'll be aces fwiw.

Good helpful post Shell ,sorry to hear youve had all that hassle and worry btw

• 2 months later...

Hi _shel ! I just lodged a 190 visa. How do I provide my son's doctor's prognosis and medical reports? To the panel doctor during the medical exam? Or should I just wait for the CO to request for further medical reports?

My son (now 15month old)was born with neural tube defect (had surgery to close lesion on his birth) resulting to hydrocephalus. He's physically ok, no medication, not enlarged head, but scans show he has excess brain fluid. He just started to walk unsupported, and seems ok in his cognitive development. I wish for the HOC to see my child's condition as not likely to require significant healthcare and community service costs.