Gagging for a pint. An itinerary in pubs

northshorepom

This one is just round the corner from my Mums place.Used to be packed to the rafters with brit immigrants in the 70's!FA cup final night used to be absolutely huge!Everyone would meet there after supporting their local "soccer"team lol Went in there recently,it was dead,and had about 6 people!!!http://publocation.com.au/pubs/sa/modbury-north/clovercrest-hotel-motel

Guest chris955

If you knew exactly where that pub was you would realise it is a wart sticking out of a bunion ;)

I thought it was a servo!haha That is one butt ugly pub!

Just working out our itinerary for when we go home for a visit in August

The first pint will be in here:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19194[/ATTACH]

It's a beaut old pub near the river (just to the right of the shot) in Marlow, just down the road from the outlaws' house where we'll be staying at first. I'm expecting a delicious foaming pint of one of Rebellion's finest

What do you mean, family and friends? Who cares......I'm only gonna be there for the beer

:wink:

More to follow as the itinerary develops

​:biggrin:

Was there recently for a friends child's communion....lovely views and location....

Guest chris955

You really should get yourself over to Herefordshire, so many wonderful pubs and beautiful countryside.

More itinerary has been sorted out....

Whilst staying in Suffolk we'll be seeing friends in Cambridge. I am hoping for a couple in the following two establishments, both for old times sake:

maypolecambridge.jpg

In the city centre, doesn't look like much and is situated right next to a car park but it's a cracking locals' pub. Run (excellently) by the same Italian family for over 30 years now. Loads of great beers, fab home cooked food, no nonsense sort of place. And great cocktails

Then heading out to one of the villages where I used to live. This one is also run by an old mate these days, been in the family for 60 odd years this time, and in every pub guidebook ever. A classic old village local, free house but generally only serves Adnams served straight from the barrel (no cellar)

2457343080_e97eee4ab1.jpg

​Inside the public bar:

P2133010a.jpg

maypolecambridge.jpg

2457343080_e97eee4ab1.jpg

P2133010a.jpg

After that we'll be heading up to Suffolk & Cambridge.....staying with friends (husband is I suppose famous by association, just to keep Harpo happy. People like that have big houses with lots of spare rooms ;-) )

So I'm imaging the next beer will be in my mate's pub:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19199[/ATTACH]

View from the back garden:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19200[/ATTACH]

Quintessential English countryside.......best enjoyed with a pint of quintessential English ale. Tough decisions to make, however, as his pub sells Adnams and Woodforde's beers on tap. Broadside or Wherry? Decisions, decisions. Might have to make the decision over a few evenings just to make sure it was the right one

Wherry, definitely. Yum! I'm meeting some friends in Southwold in August - can't wait! Enjoy your trip to old haunts :smile:

More itinerary has been sorted out....

Whilst staying in Suffolk we'll be seeing friends in Cambridge. I am hoping for a couple in the following two establishments, both for old times sake:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19281[/ATTACH]

In the city centre, doesn't look like much and is situated right next to a car park but it's a cracking locals' pub. Run (excellently) by the same Italian family for over 30 years now. Loads of great beers, fab home cooked food, no nonsense sort of place. And great cocktails

Then heading out to one of the villages where I used to live. This one is also run by an old mate these days, been in the family for 60 odd years this time, and in every pub guidebook ever. A classic old village local, free house but generally only serves Adnams served straight from the barrel (no cellar)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19282[/ATTACH]

​Inside the public bar:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19283[/ATTACH]

I remember the Queen's Head, drunk in there a few times when I lived in Bassingbourn. It was where we lived when we got married so we went out a fair bit.

we have old peculiar on tap occasionally, it is more of a winter ale being 5.6 alc.......but it soon goes as everyone picks it out of the 3 real ales on offer in our pub, :embarrassed:....I turned the label around one night so I could get the last few pints after work.

Scotts Arms has it on all the time. OSH too I think.

Just working out our itinerary for when we go home for a visit in August

The first pint will be in here:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19194[/ATTACH]

It's a beaut old pub near the river (just to the right of the shot) in Marlow, just down the road from the outlaws' house where we'll be staying at first. I'm expecting a delicious foaming pint of one of Rebellion's finest

What do you mean, family and friends? Who cares......I'm only gonna be there for the beer

:wink:

More to follow as the itinerary develops

​:biggrin:

We are going back in August and after a few pints in me old local the Green Man in Bracknell not far from Marlow a good ole Donor Kebab from a kebab van. Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :wink: