uk housing revival

KIRK AND CO

They are saying uk housing will be back up to 2007 prices by end of year if true I feel sorry for those who sold at a loss if only you could wait a bit just to see if correct think of the extra $ you will have.

who said this as we are about to sell one of our houses at at huge drop so if there is any truth to it we will pull out and wait a while....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest 47403
Laugh if you want Chris but unemployment is a big problem, especially for youths. Before anybody says it - yes i know its the same in aus!

Some people are just not bothered by things like unemployment Stace it's often a case of as long as it doesn't affect them it can't exist or they don't like to admit it does.

Commonly reffered to as a jack attitude!

Guest chris955
Laugh if you want Chris but unemployment is a big problem, especially for youths. Before anybody says it - yes i know its the same in aus!

I wasnt laughing about unemployment, I was laughing at the predictable sad response. If I had said white he would have said black.

Simple laws of economics cannot allow the prices to rise back to 2007 levels. For example if banks will only lend 3-4 x annual salary and avg salary is 25K or thereabouts and avg houseprice is £200K that is 8x avg salary!. There are no self cert loans anymore nor 100% loans ( which kinda mucks up first time buyers) and lending is stricter and pay rises have been very limited and pay cuts are more common so can you explain where the money is coming from?
quite a few will inherit large properties which will cut the need for 8x average salery others will have parents who will of taken advantage of the drop & brought property to allow there child to take first steps as I have and the ones who do not get these advantages will do it the old way.

Guest Guest 47403
They are saying uk housing will be back up to 2007 prices by end of year if true I feel sorry for those who sold at a loss if only you could wait a bit just to see if correct think of the extra $ you will have.

Who are 'they'?

Simple laws of economics cannot allow the prices to rise back to 2007 levels. For example if banks will only lend 3-4 x annual salary and avg salary is 25K or thereabouts and avg houseprice is £200K that is 8x avg salary!. There are no self cert loans anymore nor 100% loans ( which kinda mucks up first time buyers) and lending is stricter and pay rises have been very limited and pay cuts are more common so can you explain where the money is coming from?
More importantly wage increases have not caught up to sustain the level of post crisis house price inflation i.e. affordability. Hence, London and pockets of wealth may or are experiencing the level of house price inflation that those of us throughout the nation experienced before the crash. Therefore, in the meantime, brace yourself for a period of maybe 5 more years of house price correction, should the government not intervene with state backed mortgages beforehand!!!!!.

Guest Guest 47403
rightmove this morning

Rightmove have said house prices will be back to 2007 prices by the end of the year?

Whoooo go london.

The property market in London will always be pretty good Stacey because that's where a lot of people ( especially those with money ) want to live, it's our capital with loads going on and will always be sought after.

More importantly wage increases have not caught up to sustain the level of post crisis house price inflation i.e. affordability. Hence, London and pockets of wealth may or are experiencing the level of house price inflation that those of us throughout the nation experienced before the crash. Therefore, in the meantime, brace yourself for a period of maybe 5 more years of house price correction, should the government not intervene with state backed mortgages beforehand!!!!!.

Could be longer than that it is not sustainable unless we start taking 50 year mortgages ( watch this space). Japan had a crash around 20 years ago and there property has slowly risen since. I think that situation is more likely, a long term correction

Houses where i live. south east uk. have gone up a fair amount and are selling well. (off to qld for a holiday soon) lets hope i like the place or uk i will stay.
sold signs every where in my area 2 house up for sale side by side sold with in a week one i know went for asking price 3 bed ex council £245,000.

Have you given up on the idea of moving to Australia? You know this isn't SingingPig don't you?
yes visa ran out but the way things are improving in uk south anyway not worried, £7000 down the drain though. Looking like the WA area I would of been going to I expect I would of been very worried I had done the right thing if I was there now.

Archived