Self Pack Container - too good to be true?

Taylors4

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graham all I can say is that on bottem of invoice there are 3 different uk offices listed and each has a different trading name and as per my post above def 100% the Birmingham one does not exsist no one in that building has heard of any of the names on the invoice. The parent company is registered at companies house and is solvent but just with the listed assets only around 4k and also none of the shipping companies they claim to regularly use have any knowledge of them. Aside from email there is now no way of contacting them and yesterday my first mail bounced back with message this account no longer exists although subsequent ones did go through. its all so weird as you would think if it is a scam they would just ignore people once they have money but they are still communicating I guess though what they prob don't know is that we are all communicating with each other. I am going to email them tommorrow to say went to office didn't exist etc etc and ask for money back

​i got emails off a guy called Axxx only yesterday. I tried ringing there number to find more info, but it did not work. I asked him for a number to contact by phone, and he gave me one but I have not rang it yet

Edited by noworriesmate
removed name as per forum rules

OMG. We were planning on doing a move ourself and had the company on our list to contact. OH now adamant that we will go with one of the reputable companies and get them to pack. It means we will have less $'s on arrival but at least we will be assured our goods will get there!

Hope everyone who has dealing with xxx get their monies back!

Mem what a nightmare for you. I know money was tight for this. What are you planning on doing now? Did you pay with credit card? Any recourse that way? ​

no there was no option to pay with card only with bank transfer, have spoken with fraud people and have crime number but technically as service has not yet failed to be performed there is no actual fraud I would have to wait and see if they failed to turn up or if they took goods and then did not complete the agreed service but obv am inclined not to want to take either of those risks. I am entitled to ask for refund which I have done (no response to this as yet) and they have set amount of time to do this after which can take to small claims court. They do not give any terms and conditions or rights of cancellation which is illegal in itself but I doubt I will see money again as parent company are not exactly flush and I suspect would just fold when claims start to roll in.

I now have to find another company to ship stuff but of course everyone else much more expensive which is why we were all wanting to go with xxx in first place. One of the other companies said to me that the low prices quoted by them were more in line with door to port not door to door as was being offered which would maybe sit with what was said on another thread but hard to know as the starter has not responded to requests for further info.

i just have to be philosophical and accept it as a lesson learnt albeit in a hard way and count my blessings that it is just money I have lost not money and all my stuff

I can't believe this company are still trying to get money.

Email I received today saying they will hold the price until close of business tomorrow 'however the rates are going constantly at the moment so would need the booking from you in order to hold it'

Rix ask them for a copy of their terms and conditions and cancellation policy and see if they give you something and if they do would be very grateful to know what it says. I have had no further contact since informing them have taken legal advice and that I want a refund

​mem

Guest glilly65

I am moving back to OZ next month and am looking for some help, i have been quoted £2950.00 door to door for my container from a company and an extra 850.00 for my car but i have to pick it up from the port. They supply boxes also. Please can i have your opinion on this???

Would very much appreciate it. :biggrin:

Guest glilly65

Yes it is from the UK but it has been offered to ro/ro as we will use all the space in the 40ft container with our home

A word of warning - before you part with ANY money to a shipping company who is unknown to PIO and not 'tried and tested', please please, just do a few checks on the company. Some of these sites look so professional and both myself and other members have had their fingers well and truly burnt, causing no end of heartache and problems.

Do your own research, check out scamadvisor.com it doesn't take much to check they are actually at the address they say they are, are they listed in the phone directory etc. I am so normally suspicious, but with so much to do and so little time, and wanting to believe you have got a great price is a recipe for disaster, just saying, be careful .......

Edited by Taylors4

Guest The Pom Queen
yes sure it was Home and car movers, i have dealt with jason. there website is www.homeandcarmoves.org We have booked with them now all seems very good.

Hope that helps best Regards Graham :)

I have never heard of them, after what has happened on this thread I think its best to stay with the large reputable companies.

• 1 month later...
Yes it is from the UK but it has been offered to ro/ro as we will use all the space in the 40ft container with our home

Graham,

how is the move with this company going?

They sent us a really low quote and we were suspicious of them...