Thousands fined in Easter roads blitz (Qld)

PontePom

The Kwinana Freeway, WA installed a new camera on the freeway.

Fines issued during the first month of operation - July 12 to August 12, 2012:

Under 9km/h: 2620

Between 10-19km/h: 857

Between 20-29km/h: 92

Between 30-39km/h: 20

More than 41km/h: 8

Source: WA Police

Where is most of the money made?

I have no problem if you’re going 110+ in a 100 zone, but up to 110 is ridiculous and nothing more than a money maker

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they have that variable speed limit near schools there, depending on the time of day?

If speeding was such an issue in these areas, then a fixed speed camera should be installed.

What I think you'll find is most of them are on the freeways, which gets the most traffic and where people are more likely to speed...therefore making the most money.

your location says UK....WTF should it matter to you ????

I have no problem if you’re going 110+ in a 100 zone, but up to 110 is ridiculous and nothing more than a money maker

Speed cameras make more money / revenue than catching criminals, they don't get to cash in the checks for catching the &*^% who stole your car or broke into your house or stole your Mum's purse, or smashed the front of your house up, but they do get paid for doling out speeding fines ......

I will keep on whinging about the bright yellow Mazda here in town, its sneaky and not good practice, and makes a mockery of the whole idea of deterrents ..... But I suppose with the revenue raised by this sneaky car they can afford to drive around in style ... why they can't have a white or black car is a complete mystery to me, that would fit in much better than a bright yellow sports car, I know I will see it tomorrow, apparently they have UTE's too ... because my neighbour got pulled by a copper in one ....

Guest chris955
Because it does....

Didn't realise I had to get permission of you, to have an opinion on Oz.

It seems to becoming a regular theme on here unfortunately.

Guest chris955

Yes the vast majority fined for doing a speed noone with half a brain would consider excessive on a freeway. Imagine the drop in revenue if there was more commonsense used ?

The Kwinana Freeway, WA installed a new camera on the freeway.

Fines issued during the first month of operation - July 12 to August 12, 2012:

Under 9km/h: 2620

Between 10-19km/h: 857

Between 20-29km/h: 92

Between 30-39km/h: 20

More than 41km/h: 8

Source: WA Police

Where is most of the money made?

It seems to becoming a regular theme on here unfortunately.

Given that this is a migration forum, where people are looking for information on Oz, then I thought it might have been obvious why it mattered to people in the UK, what goes on over there....or is not that simple?

Because it does....

Didn't realise I had to get permission of you, to have an opinion on Oz.

But why...why should it matter either to you or Boa what happens with speed zones around schools or any other place......I don't live in the UK and consequently couldn't give a bugger what you people do with anything in your country......so why should it concern you with what goes on here.

Guest chris955
Given that this is a migration forum, where people are looking for information on Oz, then I thought it might have been obvious why it mattered to people in the UK, what goes on over there....or is not that simple?

Yes, totally agree.

[

The other morning a police car was hidden out of view and 2 police offices were hiding behind a lamp post with their radar gun

They stepped out in front of cars speeding

What is wrong with that???

It's dangerous they could have been run over .... simples

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok boys (and girls), have had to delete a number of posts again, which were off topic and getting personal, as you know this is against forum rules.

Please take this as a final warning, any more personal insult posts will not be tolerated and further action will be taken.

Let's not spoil a good thread, keep it on track and take your squabbles off the main forum.

Thanking you all in advance.

Cheers

Karen

homewardbound you win...

Imo it isn't a case of winners or losers .... but an exchange of views ... personally I think it is sometimes better to agree to disagree than have a heart attack :wink:

but look at this the legal speed limit around this bend is 70 km/h which IMO is crazy, I have driven on tracks took bends at ridiculous speeds, but my trusty Toyota wouldn't like it very much if I executed this bend at 70 km/h .... yet the powers that be think its safe, so I won't argue with them, but in the same vein the same powers to be will issue speeding tickets for doing 103 km/h in a 100 km/h zone on an empty motorway or dual carriageway.

image.jpgI think it's this sort of madness that incites rage ....

image.jpg

Guest chris955

Exactly, it is nothing to do with winning or losing, it is different opinions. Everything doesnt have to be a competition.