Step children and conviction!!! Help

Langcart

Hello all, I'm new to this so hope someone can help me. We are in the early stages of planning to move to oz . The trip will include my hubbie and my 3 children, first problem is that my older two are from a previous relationship we were not married my children were born 1998, and 2000. The father has no contact and no parent responsibility will this affect our visa will I need the fathers permission?? Also when I was 16 I was arrested for assault where I was charged and had to pay a fine I have to say it was on a police officer, I'm 34 now so was a long time ago but not sure if this will affect our chance. My husband is hoping to get a sponsor and us to go with him. I would really appreciate any comments :confused:

I would doubt that a conviction from when you were 16 would be held against you, however, you will need the permission of the Father before you move the children to Oz.They will not be included on a visa unless you have taken all necessary steps.

So how do I find out what's on my record as I think I had a caution once not 100% sure tho! Filling out the police form when I'm unsure is not my best option could I send off for a cbr check first as that should show what is on my record?

Not a CRB check though, you need a different one for the purposes of migration from ACPO.

http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

They have a validity of 12 months so you may need to get it re-done if you get one now.

I would just say that you think you were cautioned for whatever etc and you have had no issues since. They are very unlikely to refuse you a visa for this offence.

I think I will be getting a Police Check before I do my application so I know what I need to declare. Any ideas if they will not accept me for a drink driving offence? I would like to point out that I was caught moving a camper van on to some level ground to sleep for a night and now work as a teacher so hopefully this would be ok? Any help and ideas please guys.

Archived