Can anyone help with a TRA skills assessment

kaiser

What should the experience/training statement look like? What/how much should go into the employer references? Any examples out there anyone is prepared to share? Would be soooooooooooo grateful if you could share your hard work. Thank you in anticipation.

I have just sent mine off, so I can't say if mine is ok or not yet.

What I did was copied and pasted exactly what is state in the guide booklet into word.

i then used each section from booklet; made that an heading, and directly aanswered each one...

I completed the employer one myself, and emailed it to my supervisor to alter and complete/sign.

I don't even know where to start but the one thing that is paramount is that you cannot give them enough info!

We failed 1st time partly because our letter for training period wasn't detailed enough. We were quite lucky that my DH had trained with his Dad so was able to get him to sign another more detailed letter and I also wrote up a statutory declaration for him to sign too. The 2nd time I took the ANZSCO description and copied and pasted it to the letter and stat dec. They love a stat dec too!

The employer ref has to state your job and what basic functions you carried out and dates and also has to state what the business is and does I remember one person getting a fail because their work reference didn't say what the nature of the business was - the woman worked in a bakery! Details details details that's it don't ever think you're putting in too much detail!

My DH is self employed so we had a few more hoops to jump through.

Send me a pm with your email address and I'll send you a copy of one of our client refs if you like and the letter I wrote for training period.

Done mine yrs ago tbh,just gave as much detail as poss,type of materials used,Jacobean brick,engineering brick etc etc,type of pointing,westminster smudge,bucket handle jointed,flush pointed,type of bond,Flemish,wild bond,english bond,water bond,weather struck pointing,domestic and commercial work,plus a list of tools used,just batter them with as much info as poss

Thanks Pablo. It's so hard to take it right back to the basics when you have been in the trade for a long time and it's all second nature!!! I just seem to be repeating myself but I guess that's better than leaving something out.

Hi just posted mine last week,so no outcome yet.I sent all my trade certificates including my apprenticeship certificate and had to re-do some myself as they have been lost over the years,I then wrote a statement to go with each one explaining tools used on training course ,objectives ,skills learnt and dates i also included any company procedures and pictures that would sit in line with each course where possible.I then got my manager to sign all of these ,with myself.I then wrote a VERY detailed explanation of my daily job duties and tasks which included lots of photos of myself doing tasks, job work packs and instruction manuals.It is very important that you try and tailor your job skills to the requirements of the skill you are applying for on the skills list,MY manager wrote a detailed reference that also kept to this .I also managed to get a reference from my company main HQ (bit generic,but better then nothing)I included pay slips and P60s any any awards received such as APRs ,thank you notes and recommendations ,then Finally got all originals certified by a solicitor (£30)

It took me a VERY long time to do this and i am just praying it is OK,even though i believe it would be impossible to fail me I don't know exactly what TRA are looking for apart from loads of paperwork and waffle so fingers crossed,:wink:

Crikey, if you don't get through with all that, then there's no hope for any of us!! Ive got all my apprenticeship and qualification certificates, but can't remember all the content of each module as the descriptions are a bit generic. I've written to City & Guilds to see if they can supply the syllabus content cos not sure TRA would just accept the list of modules without some kind of explanation. Ive pulled together a 4 page reference for my employer so hope this is what they are looking for - I think it's got the detail they will need. Ive tried to follow the ANZCO definition and the government definition of a tradesperson. Trouble is it's still difficult to tell whether the detail is the right detail!!!! I also seem to be repeating myself alot in my Employment Statement as so many jobs follow the same format with just a few adjustments. I don't have any photos as it's not something I expected to need in the future. I haven't had experience in one item of the ANZCO definition as we just don't do much of it in the UK so I'm hoping this won't scupper the outcome. I have all p60's back to 2001 but not all payslips so hoping this will suffice as confirmation of employment. Fingers crossed and good luck to you.

Anywhere you have a gap in information write up a statutory declaration to explain them -they are a legal doc so they take them at their word!

P60s sjould be fine for older years and anything coming from an employer needs to be on headed paper. They don't need photos.

We were a bit different as my husband is self employed.

My brain is a bit tired now will check back tomorrow!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Ozpom which bits did you copy in for your headings? Thanks

If you follow this link:

http://www.innovation.gov.au/Skills/SkillsAssessment/Documents/MigrationSkillsGuidelines.pdf

this takes you through to the guidance notes for Migration skills assessment with TRA. On page-23. 2.8.6 EMPLOYMENT AS AN EMPLOYEE

this is the employer part, and all I did was copy and paste each heading as shown below;

a) the name of the business

b) the nature of the business (for example, construction company, hotel)

c) a description/overview of business and the services/products provided by the business

d) the address of business where you worked

e) when you worked there, that is start date and end date of your employment

I then answered each section/heading directly.

For the apprenticeship section: I followed a similar strategy, by asking my training officer who supervised my visits at work to directly answer all the heading/sections list in the apprenticeship part of the guidance notes. Along with this I wrote an apprentice state explaining each year of my apprenticeship: ensuring to cover the equivalent job description as stated in Australia (ANZCO I think), while also explaining the academic side as much as possible with transcripts. Furthermore I included a cover letter from my HR department, to cover the proof of payment while carrying out my apprenticeship. accompanied with P60's

I also wrote a personal statement which you need to support Part 8 in application form, where I covered three carefully selected jobs that would show I meet the requirements: again as stated in Australia (ANZCO).

I’m not sure if I have done things completely right yet as I’m still waiting to hear back, so just take what I'm saying with pinch of salt.....

one more thing if you write a stat dec, make sure you follow the correct procedure. My solicitor gave me a templete; as there is a quote you have to input at the end which you must swear to in front of them.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi My partner has a 3yr section of his TRA application where he is self employed, it states he must provide 3 references per year from clients (9) in total, do you have a list of things you put into your application? and did you receive a positive assessment Caz? Thanks Kirsty ")

I followed the guidelines on the TRA website for the content of the employers statements. My (then) current employer asked me to basically do most of it myself and put on what I wanted and then he just filled in a few blanks and padded it out a bit. My previous long term employer to that asked for the guidelines then the company PA, a lovely lady we all had the upmost respect for, did the rest.

I'll happily let you have them both if you want. PM me with your email address and I'll get them over.

Hi My partner has a 3yr section of his TRA application where he is self employed, it states he must provide 3 references per year from clients (9) in total, do you have a list of things you put into your application? and did you receive a positive assessment Caz? Thanks Kirsty ")

Hiya

Gbuss is right just follow guidelines - you'll need a stat dec, I wrote out all of our client refs and got them signed(about15), tax records letter from the accountant quotations and invoices everything they asked for also a picture of the van with the logo and name and business card. Make sure that your stat dec is really detailed no piece of info is too trivial to put in! Failed the first time partly because I had only put client contact details and they said they couldn't verify so got the letters done including email address but they didn't contact anyone.

Am happy to send you any reference material you need pm me your email and I forward on anything you need

Kirsty I have put a link at the beginning of the thread, this should take you to the TRA

guidelines booklet. In there you will find the section you need. Afraid I havnt heard back yet, but I'm hoping its any day soon

Leigh

• 2 weeks later...
Hi thanks for all your information, I've very nearly compiled it all, one other question is do you photo copy the references or did you sent the origionals and just keep a copy? Im not sure if I should just copy the whole thing once its done?

Thankyou ")

Send certified copies of everything

Send certified copies of everything

If you know a nurse/teacher/policeman or anyone else who would be acceptable under the law of your home country to sign passport photos etc, then you can them to sign your documents. It'll be a cheaper option than using a solicitor just make sure you include a cover letter from them explaining who they are along with any professional references, i.e RN number. Also send a letter from yourself explaining that your signatory is recognised under the law of your country as an official signatory of official documents.

Thanks for that, Just completing the Employment Summary / Statutory Declaration, if you supply the P60's do you not need the wage slips? I've had to put them in for some years but not were I've put the P60's in... does this sound right? I'm thinking of photo copying the whole file before I post it, is this what you guys did? Thanks Kirsty ")

Thanks for that, Just completing the Employment Summary / Statutory Declaration, if you supply the P60's do you not need the wage slips? I've had to put them in for some years but not were I've put the P60's in... does this sound right? I'm thinking of photo copying the whole file before I post it, is this what you guys did? Thanks Kirsty ")

Send in everything you have! There is no amount of stuff that is too much for TRA! And yes I'd keep a copy of everything

I copied everything as within the the guidlines it states to send only certified copies, no originals.

As you will need to have a solicitor to sign the stat dec's for you. You may as well have them sign all the docs, it cost me around £40 for the lot (100 pages Approx).

I sent P60's for each employment year, except one where I had lost it. So for that year I suppied three pay slips, spread out over that tax year.

If you follow the guidlines you'll be fine, i'm sure, Good luck....

Can I ask how have you applied for State Sponsorship? Is this done at the same time as the EOI? Did you do this online?

Were hoping to post our TRA Application off tomorrow, assuming the solicitor can book us in for certifying everything.... Just going to double check everything again :-0

Can I ask how have you applied for State Sponsorship? Is this done at the same time as the EOI? Did you do this online?

Were hoping to post our TRA Application off tomorrow, assuming the solicitor can book us in for certifying everything.... Just going to double check everything again :-0

Hi,

My OH is a Bricklayer and he posted all his evidence off the second week in April and the following week he received a Level 1 Outcome and was told to progress onto the next stage. He is currently waiting on them contacting him with a date for him to have his interview. You submit your state nomination forms and EOI together but you cannot do this until you have a positive skills assessment and IELTS (if applicable).

I got all my partners information together for TRA and I supplied them with a lot of evidence including employer references, P60s, Payslips, Invoices and I wrote a work history statement for him.

Hope this helps.

Lynsey

Archived