Nusring & Midwifery

scotexpat

Choiceone are a recruitment agency who focus on Medical recruitment.

Our dedicated team here are having what i call an "open question" session.

No matter how stupid you think your question maybe, please get in touch if you would like information about relocating to WA/SA/NSW

Look forward to hearing from you.

Choiceone are a recruitment agency who focus on Medical recruitment.

Our dedicated team here are having what i call an "open question" session.

No matter how stupid you think your question maybe, please get in touch if you would like information about relocating to WA/SA/NSW

Look forward to hearing from you.

Hi

i emailed you about jobs last week can you tell me if you've received it?

thanks.

Hi David,

I left a message in a previous forum as well but this one seems more appropriate. I am a Critical Care Nurse looking to emigrate to WA in the next year to 18 months. I've been qualified since 1995 and worked in Critical Care since 1997. I haven't yet begun the process of APHRA registration as I'm somewhat confused as to whether or not I need to do the IELTS course in order to gain registration. Can you give me some advice on this please and any ideas to job opportunities in WA for someone like me?

Thank You,Rebekah.

Hi David,

I left a message in a previous forum as well but this one seems more appropriate. I am a Critical Care Nurse looking to emigrate to WA in the next year to 18 months. I've been qualified since 1995 and worked in Critical Care since 1997. I haven't yet begun the process of APHRA registration as I'm somewhat confused as to whether or not I need to do the IELTS course in order to gain registration. Can you give me some advice on this please and any ideas to job opportunities in WA for someone like me?

Thank You,Rebekah.

Hi Rebekah, it depends where you are from - if you are from uk and can provide evidenced of being taught and assessed in English for five years that would be sufficient. You can do this by providing a letter from your school stating this. It also depends which visa you will be going on and whether you will require skills assessment as you do need IELTS for that. I think if you do APHRA first you can then do a modified skills assessment but I believe IELTS is still an element of that, can't say for sure as I did skills first for a PR visa. Mandy

Hi there.

My son (6) and I are relocating to WA from the UK and I am just applying to have my skills assessed. I qualified as a nurse in Sept 2008 and worked for 6 months on a surgical ward. Since then I have worked in Endoscopy, which I love. I regularly look on seek.com for endoscopy nurse posts but they seem to be a part of theatre. Are there any stand alone Endoscopy Units? Do you think I will be able to secure a position like this in the future? Do you ever supply hospitals with endoscopy nurses. My problem is that I don't have any theatre experience.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Deb.

Hi there! I'm soon to begin my AHPRA process. I've been in touch with my University and they will only send my transcriptions of learning directly, when I give them an address in Australia to send it to. I'm not sure where to send it and what I would need to do to inform them of it's impending arrival! I had previously thought that you sent in everything together. Also, I'm confused over this ANMAC thing? Is that always part of AHPRA or something separate!!?

Hi there! I'm soon to begin my AHPRA process. I've been in touch with my University and they will only send my transcriptions of learning directly, when I give them an address in Australia to send it to. I'm not sure where to send it and what I would need to do to inform them of it's impending arrival! I had previously thought that you sent in everything together. Also, I'm confused over this ANMAC thing? Is that always part of AHPRA or something separate!!?

It depends on the type of visa you are going for. PR needs skills assessment via ANMAC first then you need AHPRA, if going on temp (457) only need AHPRA, ANMAC have only one address, AHPRA have an office in each state. It dosent have to be the state your heading too as people tend to use Adelaide or Darwin as they have quicker turnarounds. Just google for their addresses

Archived