4th Feb 189 EOI yes!!!!!

cjbchris

Cheers Guys

It's just beginning to sink in and we're now considering costs..

What are the "hidden costs" in the application process, outside of the AUD3080 for the application and the cost for medicals...?? We won't need to pay for functional English as we have Irish / UK passports..

Chris

Well done everyone. Hi I have just lodged as the main applicant with my husband on the application also. I am confused because I have only been asked to pay $3060 which is the fee for mine alone. I assumed it would be this amount plus the partner amount which worked out about $5000 and something altogether. Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks in advance

Chrisblack is the 3080 for you and partner? That's what I'v paid for me and hubby but I thought it was my fee plus partner fee plus children's fee. I am very very confused. :confused:

Hope this clears your confusion:

The charge for lodging this visa application is AUD3060. This payment covers you and all dependent family members included in your application.

There is an extra charge that applies only to the people on your application who have less than functional English and are 18 years of age or older. The charge is AUD4250 per person. It must be paid before a visa can be granted. The payment covers up to three years of English language instruction through the Adult Migrant English Program.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/990i.pdf

Proof of functional English explains how your dependants can demonstrate their language ability.

You are responsible for any other costs that you may incur in preparing your application, such as those associated with obtaining skills and English language assessments, health examinations and police certificates.

There are limited circumstances in which visa application charges can be refunded. You will not get a refund if you change your mind about applying.

Cheers,

kubby

Cheers Guys

It's just beginning to sink in and we're now considering costs..

What are the "hidden costs" in the application process, outside of the AUD3080 for the application and the cost for medicals...?? We won't need to pay for functional English as we have Irish / UK passports..

Chris

The only extra I can see that you've not included is your police checks. That cost us £45 per adult. Kids don't need them even though it comes up on your list of required documents on the online visa service. Your CO will email you if there's anything outstanding. Good luck uploading all of your documentation, it's a bit of a sloooow process.

Thanks Gbuss

I can get Police clearance for no charge here in Ireland, so I can discount that one... but I've been quoted around €1400 for meds for myself and family..

I've uploaded loads of files so far, without having my CO assigned... just hope, as people have suggested that CO will accept colour scans of the docs, without a verification signature on them..

Chris

Archived